ashley_mom09
My boyfriend told me bad news... please read & help!! PLEASE!!!
November 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM

So my boyfriend went to the Dr today; he got really bad news.  He just called me a few minutes ago telling me that his kidneys are going bad... Has anyone ever dated or has a friend or family member that has had this?? He's 22 years young.. He's telling me not to worry about it & that we'll get thrut his... He's like we can get a kidney transplant and stuff. I'm sooo worried... Any advice or anything that helped you?? I'm really extremely worried and I love him sooo much!! We have a whole future planned and I'm so scared of death of losing him... Please help me!!

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    November 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    I disagree. Dialysis is time consuming and they feel awful during it.

Quoting timeforprogress:

The bright side is that with dialysis he can live a pretty normal life while he waits for a transplant. 

• OliviasMommy611
    November 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    Agree.

Quoting Janet:

It depends on what is wrong with the kidneys. Did they actually say failure?

• softballmom86
    November 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    This happened to my husband's best man when we were 20 years old. He pulled through and had a baby girl, became a marine and is now stationed in Germany enjoying life. Best of luck.
  • timeforprogress
    November 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Hence, the reason I said "pretty" instead of "perfectly"; he will still be able to function and find enjoyment in life.  Sure it will be inconvenient and sometimes difficult, but people do it everyday.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting timeforprogress:

The bright side is that with dialysis he can live a pretty normal life while he waits for a transplant. 

• OliviasMommy611
    November 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Have you worked a dialysis floor? Number 1 complaint- my life revolves around dialysis.

Quoting timeforprogress:

Hence, the reason I said "pretty" instead of "perfectly"; he will still be able to function and find enjoyment in life.  Sure it will be inconvenient and sometimes difficult, but people do it everyday.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting timeforprogress:

• OliviasMommy611
    November 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    Yah! That's awesome.

Quoting softballmom86:

This happened to my husband's best man when we were 20 years old. He pulled through and had a baby girl, became a marine and is now stationed in Germany enjoying life. Best of luck.
  • timeforprogress
    November 15, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Everyone has their struggles.  Having to go through dialysis is still better than a whole lot of other possible challenges in life.  It is all about perspective.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Have you worked a dialysis floor? Number 1 complaint- my life revolves around dialysis.

Quoting timeforprogress:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Quoting timeforprogress:

• RunningMommaof2
    November 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    I have a friend that goes to dialysis several times a week and is waiting for a kidney transplant. Just make sure he takes the best possible care of himself and pray!
  • auntangelofsix
    November 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

BUMP!

• Basherte
    November 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Sorry you guys are having to go through this. I have no experience in this.

As far as I know- with other major medical issues and concerns. There are things in his favor. He's young. I'm assuming healthy, or relatively so. That goes in his favor. Also he has you for support. So that is in his favor as well. 

Try to stay as positive as you both can. I know it will be difficult. 

Good luck.