Featured Posts
splatz
Do you enjoy entertaining/ having people visit your home?
by splatz
November 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Why or why not?

It seems like everyone I know loves having people over. I have always felt awkward/uncomfortable with people being over. My house is never feels clean enough (even if it is spotless). It is a huge relief for me when people go home. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me, lol. 

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I feel the same way you do.

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 15, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I also have the dog problem. We have crates. Or if it is nice they can go outside and play. We have a fenced in back yard,

Quoting goddess99:

I don't care to have people over either. We have a large dog who gets very excited so we have to put her in another room and I hate that.

• mrskathleen
    November 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM

NA , PPL COME IN UR HOUSE AND THEN GO HOME AND TALK ABOUT IT . THEY ALWAYS SPOT SOMETHING U MISSED AND ALTHOUGH IT DIDNT SEEM DIRTY AFTER THEY LEFT=U FIND AREALLY DIRTY MISSED SPOT AND THEY WANT TO HELP U WITHIT! I TELL THEM IF THEY WANT TO CRITIZE STAY THE HELL AWAY!!! AND I DONT APPRECIATE U LOOKING FOR  STUFF TO SAY ABOUT MY  HOUSE. DID U COME TO VISIT ME ARE OR U HERE FOR A SPOT INSPECTION? THE HOUSE IS OLD AND SOMETHING IS ALWAYS BROKE OR GETTING READY TO SELFDESTRUCT..MRSKATHLEEN

• jbirdsladie27
    November 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I'm the same as you OP, the whole scenario STRESSES me out, always a huge relief when everyone goes home.

• goddess99
    November 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

lol she does want love but most people can't take the blow of a 80 pound dog running full speed at them lol

Quoting splatz:

Aww but she is soo cute! She just wants love too. :)
    Quoting goddess99:

I don't care to have people over either. We have a large dog who gets very excited so we have to put her in another room and I hate that.

• delanna6two
    November 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

lol....I like people but hosting is not my favorite either....you're not alone....

Quoting splatz:

Why or why not?

It seems like everyone I know loves having people over. I have always felt awkward/uncomfortable with people being over. My house is never feels clean enough (even if it is spotless). It is a huge relief for me when people go home. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me, lol. 

• timefor2
    November 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I actually prefer to go to someone else's house, but don't mind having friends/family here as well.

• LOVES67
    by LOVES67
    November 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    Yes I love having people over..
  • Knightquester
    November 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

There are only a few people I don't mind coming to my home because their visit isn't about me entertaining them rather it's a visit and we're all relaxed enough around them, they around us that it's not forced, stressful or dull.

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I think I probably wouldn't mind having people over as much if our house was bigger. We just have a couch & no other seating in the living room. So if we have guests over we have to sit on the floor while the guests get the couch. Or sit on kitchen chairs. I guess my home just isn't fit for entertaining. Oh well, works for me! 

Quoting timefor2:

I actually prefer to go to someone else's house, but don't mind having friends/family here as well.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN