Featured Posts
gem_mommie
Okay Ladies - Tips and Tricks?
November 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Any tips/tricks/solutions to getting black ink pen/sharpie pen off of light, finished wood? I don't want to strip the finish or damage the wood.

Also - what about getting the same out of carpet and off of wood finished with like a white paint?

When it first happened I was able to get some off with Clorox cleaning wipes - but there's a good amount left. It's lighter, but it's definitely there. I have no clue what to try. Ideas?

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Sorry wish I could help. I can't wait to hear the answers though.

• gem_mommie
    November 14, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    Thanks - Me too. My 2yo went through a phase where he'd just draw on ANYTHING if he could get his hands on a pen/marker/crayon. Drove me crazy! Lol. I thought id gotten all of those out of reach and then he went into his sister's room and into a drawer and happened to find a single black marking pen and just went to every piece of wooden furniture in her room and marked on it. Just a few big circles/scribbles on each one. Then across the wall and the carpet. That's what I get for taking a shower w/an 20month old, right? Lol. ;)
  • gem_mommie
    November 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    Bump for answers!
  • splatz
    by splatz
    November 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    For the wood parts try toothpaste, the white kind not gel if you have it. That should be easier on the wood. Let it sit for a few minutes then scrub it with an old toothbrush.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    November 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    Also mr clean magic eraser works pretty good. Ive gotten dry erase marker out of clothes before with rubbing alcohol. I bet it would work the same with carpet. Just keep blotting it with a white towel. You may be able to scrub with a toothbrush. But I would be afraid that may push it further in.
  • gem_mommie
    November 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Oh wow, I would never have thought of that. I'm hoping I have all white toothpaste someplace in the house so I can try it today! Thank you, I'll definitely let you know. :)

Quoting splatz:

For the wood parts try toothpaste, the white kind not gel if you have it. That should be easier on the wood. Let it sit for a few minutes then scrub it with an old toothbrush.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    November 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Sorry no idea! : /

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I've heard that the gel kind does work, its just not as good. But it doesn't hurt to try with both! I have a 2 year old terror so I have learned some tricks to get stains out haha.

Search pinterest for ideas too!

Quoting gem_mommie:

Oh wow, I would never have thought of that. I'm hoping I have all white toothpaste someplace in the house so I can try it today! Thank you, I'll definitely let you know. :)

Quoting splatz:

• SlapItHigh
    November 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Have you tried magic eraser?

• Bethy16
    by Bethy16
    November 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    Magic eraser
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts