Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Janet:

No you do not - that is a myth.

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Very smart!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Yes.  We use a cashback rewards card and charge almost everything (anything we can) on it.  Then we pay it off in full each month.  This way, we never pay a dime in interest and we make thousands of dollars on the cashback money.

• ratchetlee
    November 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I have not had a credit card since 2001.... and I will never have another one!!!  If I can't buy it with cash (or debit)...then I don't need it!  

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Nope! I paid mine off a few months ago. I just need to cancel it now. I keep forgetting... I should do that today.

• ratchetlee
    November 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

YIKES....using a credit card to build credit?!??!  Not a good idea.... at all.  and then earning 5% cash back when you are paying 12% in interest.... even worse idea, lol.

As I said earlier....I've made it 11 years without a credit card.  I haven't had one lick of credit since 2001.... and I am debt free... so I guess a credit rating just isn't a big deal.  Just be careful..... that's all I am saying :-) 

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I heard cancelling is bad for your credit too.

Quoting splatz:

Nope! I paid mine off a few months ago. I just need to cancel it now. I keep forgetting... I should do that today.

• Kris_PBG
    November 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I have payed off my credit cards in full every month for the past 15 years +.  I have a credit score over 800.

The key is to take out credit and pay it back.  There is no need to waste your money running a balance and paying interest .

If you regularly use credit and re-pay credit on time your credit score goes up.

Quoting Janet:

It came from the experts mouth.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Janet:

• LOVES67
    by LOVES67
    November 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    Nop, every yr we save money for the holidays if we don't have enough will use the debit card..
  • Janet
    by Janet
    November 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM

That's great credit!

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I have payed off my credit cards in full every month for the past 15 years +.  I have a credit score over 800.

The key is to take out credit and pay it back.  There is no need to waste your money running a balance and paying interest .

If you regularly use credit and re-pay credit on time your credit score goes up.

Quoting Janet:

It came from the experts mouth.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Janet:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email