Featured Posts
magenta_purdy
HOW on EARTH do u Mommas' do it?!
November 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I have a 4yr old boy (quite the handful!) And just had my DD 3 weeks ago! My DH just went back to work and I am struggling! Just today for example using bathroom for the first time in 3 days! (Tmi) and the damn neighbors dogs wake DD up (always barking damn dogs) I am stuck on potty she screaming, my DS then enters the scene demanding yogurt and taking my granola bar when Itell him to let mommy finish using potty. Then after nursing and putting DD down and DS eating Ijump in much needed shower and she wakes and screams again..... half washed and naked I am nursing again only to finish and wash DS and get him in bwd for nap... so 1230 rolls around and I finally shovel some left over dinner in my face bcuz I am so starving and drink my 3 hr old coffee..... six hours later havent eaten anything more or made dinner yet! Evwrytime I put Dd down she cries she wants me to hold her and only I will do.. feeling like I suck and frustrated

Replies

• Bambootrees
    November 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Breathe momma...it gets better and you will get the hang of handling two.
  • goddess99
    November 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

aww =(  When your son starts school full time, it will be easier. You're definitely not alone, things will get better,

• CJsMommy622
    November 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    Try wearing your baby in a wrap, you'll be able to get things done and she'll be happy being close to you.
  • OliviasMommy611
    November 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    Good luck? Sounds stressful. I only have one.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    November 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    It gets easier! My son was almost 5 when my youngest was born. I only had help from my youngests father on the weekends since we didn't live together. It was HARD I didn't get to shower daily or eat much of anything for the first few months. After that we got into a routine and it was easier. Just take it day by day and remember that you can't and probably won't do everything you need to everyday.
  • Bek22
    by Bek22
    November 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    It wil be okay, I promise. I have four,the youngest almost 7 months. When he came home from the hospital(he was in NICU for 2 weeks) I felt extremely overwhelmed. Remember to not forget to take care of yourself. They need you and you need calories to make milk. Definitely encourage dad to help at night so you can regroup and take a much needed deep breath. It does get easier and then they become teenagers!
  • angie2568
    November 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Just breathe mama!

As a single mom of 3 (14 yrs old-d, 8 yrs old-s & 4 yrs old-s) & 5 yr old German Shep mix. We just do what we need to do for our kids, believe me I get overwhelmed, but I try not to stress - I just do the short breathes, listen to alot of music and silent cries in the shower from time to time.

I clean up alone, do all this stuff alone, and I faced a major lay off 2009, worked only 6 mns temp since then, I saved prior tax returns each yr most 6k-10k per year.

But I know how it is. Here if you need to vent or talk. hugs

• NeverABreak
    November 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I just had my 2nd a month ago and am still barely getting into the groove of things. Dh works 7 days a week, so he's pretty much beat by the time he gets home. I did get a lot of help the first few weeks from my sunday school class. They came by every other day with dinner and groceries.

As far as dinner goes, Dh offered to take over dinner until things get easier, but we would all starve if we waited for him to get home. I've just been throwing everything in a crock pot after both kis go to sleep at night and that covers dinner. Heck, I typically have 2 crock pots running now for lunch and dinner lol.

Deep breaths! You'll get the hang of it. If you need to, ask for help! And remember that it's important to take care of YOU, too! Keep some power bars or convienience meals on hand for blood sugar drops and drink lots of water!

• NeverABreak
    November 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

This, too! It's taken me a few tries to figure it out, but I've (kind of) got it down now and has made interracting with my 2 year old much easier, so that he's not feeling left out.

Quoting CJsMommy622:

Try wearing your baby in a wrap, you'll be able to get things done and she'll be happy being close to you.

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

It will get better over time.

hugs

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email