Featured Posts
kellsharp2005
Little bit crazy
November 10, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I'm not sure of a better way to introduce myself than to just just throw it out there. I am 36, mom to 2 fantastic boys (18 and 7) and have been recently told I am just a little bit crazy ;) A co-worker of mine (and a dear friend) just graduated cosmetology school. I have no problem at all being her guinea pig when it comes to cuts and colors. No one wakes up one morning being absolutely perfect at something. We all have to practice. I believe that it's just hair....if she cuts it, it will grow back. If she colors it, eventually it will fade or wash out. The best part (for me anyway) is that she comes to my house and does it! She came over a month or so ago and dyed it red. Then last week she came over and cut it and put a purple base over the red. It wasn't quite the obnoxious purple we were hoping for (I will get to the reason for the purple in a minute) so yesterday, she came back.  This time she bleached chunks of it and then re-did the purple. Now it is PURPLE. Just as we had hoped. I love it!!!! Every month I will have her do a new color so that she can practice her tecnique. The reason I have been told I am crazy is that people seem to think my hair will fall out. She assures me that it won't. I'm not worried.  If it does, I can get wigs.  There are tons of things we can do with wigs :-D  

The reason that I chose purple this month is for my mom. She was my very best friend in the world. In 2007 she was diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, a form of brain cancer. November 8,2011 my beautiful momma lost her 4 1/2 year fight with this nasty disease. 3 brain surgeries, eye removal, 7 tumors, chemo and radiation didn't even put a hitch in her giddy-up. She was one incredible woman. Most people know that each type of cancer has it's own color awareness ribbon. Purple is Momma's. Every November, for the rest of my life, I will have purple hair to honor my momma.(she lost hers) I wear lots of purple clothing also. So, yes, I may be just a little bit crazy, but you know what. That is perfectly ok with me.

Replies

• WonderWomanSV
    November 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM

welcome 

• leighp1
    by leighp1
    November 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM

You are not crazy.  Well I guess you are a little, but that is what makes us unique.  I went to cosmetology school when I was younger (a lot younger) and between my friend and I, we had new styles and colors all the time.  I respect you for the dying the color purple and to support the cause.

I do have to say that your hair may not "fall" out, but if you bleach it too much, it will start to break and that resembles "falling out".  The bleach does some nasty stuff and your friend probably knows this and will not over chemical your hair.  I wish I had my friend around still.  I so desperately need a new style.  And one that would come over to my house would be even better.

And with that all being said, I want to say how much I respect you for bringing so much awareness to your mother's cancer. And besides, we all need a little crazy in our life to keep us normal.

• goddess99
    November 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Hi welcome to the group. I used to have purple hair, I loved it too. My aunt was diagnosed with brain cancer 20 years ago, thankfully she's still alive and kicking. Sorry for the loss of your mother.

• MistressMinerva
    November 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

welcome

• luvmybug
    November 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

that's awesome. and purple is my fav color. my hair used to be very purple, too just not too long ago. here i'll show you a pic. it's black and purple.

• OliviasMommy611
    November 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    Welcome
  • splatz
    by splatz
    November 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the group! :)
  • Janet
    by Janet
    November 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Welcome to the group!

Active Posts in All Groups