Mummy_2_b
Help!
November 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
So I had my baby 5 weeks ago she's amazing but doesn't sleep between feeds which I don't mind threw the day but durning the night really tieres me out. Help?

Replies

• cijoy27
    by cijoy27
    November 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM

My kids fall asleep to classical music or Cuban lullabies. (My husband is Cuban)  Music always works, Good luck!

• goddess99
    November 9, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Try putting her in one of those vibrating, bouncy seats. Always worked for me. My dd was asleep within minutes.

• OliviasMommy611
    November 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    No advice!!
  • OliviasMommy611
    November 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    But good luck!
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    November 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM

It can take time!

• SlapItHigh
    November 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM

When does she sleep?  What are your sleeping arrangements like?  Are you nursing?

• cjsix
    by cjsix
    November 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

If you are nursing try a family bed. You can lay down,snuggle and nurse and both fall asleep. After a few days you get in sync with each other and before she wakes all the way you will sense it pull her close,start nursing and be asleep again. This was my lifesaver...kept me from total sleep deprivation.

• craemom
    by craemom
    November 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM

It maybe depends on what time she last eats for the night.... I use to feed my daughter at about 9 ish or 10pm and put a little cereal in her milk. She would sleep all night and i would have to get up and feed her during the night.

• gr8d8n3mom
    November 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Is it possible she isn't getting enough to eat?  Or is gassy? tummy issues?  I was a rocker mama. I sat in a rocking chair with my girls, and hummed or sang to them. I think the gentle sway motion lulls them to sleep.

The vibrating swings/seats are a good idea too(they didn't have those when my girls were babies. ;) lol  just be patient, u will find the right nitch for your little one. 

good luck

• momin2004
    November 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

My oldest loved to be swaddled. He would go right to sleep if he was wrapped all up. My youngest I would bring into bed with me although I still didn't sleep well because I was always worried I would roll on her. Good luck and hopefully things will work our quickly and you get some sleep.