Featured Posts
Cafe Beth
Dad Bound Baby With Tape as a 'Joke' But May Get Some Serious Time
November 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Dad Bound Baby With Tape as a 'Joke' But May Get Some Serious Time

Posted by Jeanne Sager on November 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Andre CurryA judge sent a strong message to parents who think it's OK to abuse their kids in the name of joking around this week. Andre Curry, the dad who wrapped his 1-year-old daughter in painter's tape last year, then posted photos of her to Facebook, has been convicted of domestic battery. His "joke" could cost him as much as seven years in an Illinois prison.

Is that too much for a joke? I don't think so. At least not when the joke isn't very funny.

In addition to the photos, Curry posted a comment on the social media site stating, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back." Fortunately someone didn't think it was as funny as he did, because he was reported to the authorities. They found that some of the blue adhesive tape -- which was placed on the girl's mouth, ankles, and hands -- obstructed her nose.

Curry's sister says the little girl was laughing the whole time. Maybe it's true. But does that make it OK to put a child's life in danger? Does it excuse the fact that this father used his little girl as a prop in a dangerous game?

Allow me to take you back to kindergarten for a moment, where we all learned that people are not things. People are, well, they're people. They have feelings, retain memories. They aren't easily "fixed" when damaged.

I think this Dad got lucky here. His little girl survived what could have been seriously dangerous. Imagine if she'd stopped breathing because of that obstruction?

Andre could get something as simple as probation or the seven years in prison. What do you think is appropriate here?

Replies

• goddess99
    November 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Serious parenting classes and supervised visitation. Along with whatever the judge sees fit.

• MistressMinerva
    November 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I agree with this too.

Quoting goddess99:

Serious parenting classes and supervised visitation. Along with whatever the judge sees fit.

• gawaineschild
    November 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM

wow I think he should go to jail for 7 years  more actually but then poor little girl would have no daddy

• gawaineschild
    November 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

BUMP!

• gawaineschild
    November 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

girl giving flowermy DH never did that thank god

• gr8d8n3mom
    November 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM

7 yrs in prison, parenting classes and supervised visitation. His sister was there and she didn't stop him, she too needs parenting classes! This is a baby, a 1 yr old! She can't defend herself. 

• CjEmmemommy
    November 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    I would hope this was a case of bring really dumb but really not meaning harm... I don't know him though and hopefully the courts will do what is truly best. Maybe 7 years in jail is needed but that leaves a girl without a father and that shouldn't be a light choice.
    Of course if he is truly a danger than by all means remove the child but some people just don't think things through.. How long was she taped? Was it done in anger? I don't know, bad choice, hopefully not a life ruining one,
  • KeheleyLayna
    November 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM

THIS! she cant defend herself! she is only 1 year old! of course she could have been laughing, she probably thought it was a joke, daddy was just playing with her, or whatever... she doesnt have logical thinking to think daddy could kill me by doing this to me.

7 yrs in prison, parenting classes and supervised visitation. His sister was there and she didn't stop him, she too needs parenting classes! This is a baby, a 1 yr old! She can't defend herself. 

• gr8d8n3mom
    November 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I would hope this was a case of bring really dumb but really not meaning harm... I don't know him though and hopefully the courts will do what is truly best. Maybe 7 years in jail is needed but that leaves a girl without a father and that shouldn't be a light choice.
    Of course if he is truly a danger than by all means remove the child but some people just don't think things through.. How long was she taped? Was it done in anger? I don't know, bad choice, hopefully not a life ruining one,

What would be worse, 7 yrs in prison, and no daddy, or daddy make another stupid decision in his parenting and kill his 1 yr old defenseless baby?  I did notice the article didn't mention the mom of the baby. He definitely needs parenting classes.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    November 9, 2012 at 8:45 PM

This guy is an idiot and deserves what he gets!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts