gr8d8n3mom
Did anyone else see the DR. Phil about the MOMS ....
November 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

that hated their own kids? Where I live it was on yesterday(thurs,Nov.8th) 2 Mothers, actually had the bravery(?) to go on his show, and tell him they hate their children. They have told their daughters they hated them, they wished they would go away.

One mom's dd was 14 and autistic. I think part of her frustration was not knowing about Autism, but this mother also has major unresolved issues of her own. Yet, dad didn't step in, when the abuse was going on!Mom screams at this poor kid all the time, hits her and pushes her. This family, was given complete testing for the dd, for a proper diagnosis, and then the tools for the mom to be able to help her dd and deal with her, counseling for mom

Mom #2 actually tells her 10 yr old if she had a gun she would kill the dd then herself, and beats the child with a belt until the mom is out of breath. She tells the dd to run away and don't come back, and wishes someone would kidnap the dd. The maternal Gma has offered to let the grand daughter live with her, and the mom refuses! Mom doesn't see any of this as child abuse, and actually told Dr. Phil she has to raise a black child differently than a white child is raised.  Dr Phil asked her why she was there if she didn't think it was child abuse, and mom said, she didn't want to do something irreversible. when asked what that was, death? Mom said yes. Yet still doesn't see what she is doing as child abuse. She was offered counseling for her and her daughter.(mom said she didn't want to be a mother and realizes not all women are made to be moms but the kid is here now)

I don't usually watch this show, but I was in tears for both these kids!

Replies

• othermom
    November 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds horrible

• signingmama2915
    November 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    No, I don't watch Dr. Phil. But wow!
  • signingmama2915
    November 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    No, I don't watch Dr. Phil. But wow!
  • gr8d8n3mom
    November 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I guess we should commend the women for asking for help? but at the same time, these poor, poor kids! They have been living with this for years and years! 14 & 10 ! It was awful, how can u not judge those women, ya know? Then the ones husband, why  didn't he step in?

Quoting othermom:

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds horrible

• yourpassion
    November 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM

i watched off and on and i couldnt' believe it. i understand they were reaching out for help, and the need to deal with their own issues...obviously.  but i agree, i feel awful for their children!

• goddess99
    November 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

How very sad, I can't imagine.

• delanna6two
    November 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM

sorry to hear this....I don't watch all the time...but I think he has a good show...

• MistressMinerva
    November 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I don't watch that show but that is sad.

• rtenboer
    November 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    I delt with horrible verbal and physical abuse growing up. There were times I thought my mom could have easily killed me. My sibblings did to. I finally got up the nerve the other day and im 29 to tell my mom exactly what she did to us. She has blocked out most of it. She would go into blind rages and beat us with what ever she could get. She broke one of those hard plastic liquid filled batons over my brothers back when he was thre or four. I was so scared to come home after school. I would sit behind my instrument in band I played the marimba and I would just cry. I wanted to go into social work when I first started school but I decided I would beat up a parent who abused their kid. I cant stant parents who do this to their kids.
  • cijoy27
    by cijoy27
    November 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I happened to run across that episode too. It was so sad, it made me hug my children tighter. I felt bad for the children and the mothers because they were obviously mentally disturbed.