goddess99
November Chat
November 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Hi everyone. Welcome back!! Talk about whatever you want here.

pumpkin pie

Replies

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    Lol! I remember how lovely that was. So nice to be man handled by strangers.

As far as the diapers.. they shouldn't be leaking. I can't remember what brand you said you were using. What sort of inserts are you using? Maybe something just wasn't fully prepped?
    I've forgot to dry new diapers before and they leaked. Did you boil or wash inserts to prep?
    I'm guilty of using disposables at night now too. I got sick of wet sheets. I say in the early days anything you can do to get more sleep- do it!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I've had no less than 6 different people handle my ta-tas trying help correct the latch position, some of them on more than one occasion. I've accepted my short comings since now he's dirtying diapers like he should and sleeping better. I was changing the diapers just for the sake of keeping his circ from getting irritated since the diapers absorb the vaseline.

On a side note, I've noticed the difference between disposables and cloth diapers appears to be an hour or two of extra sleep at night between feedings and changings, as well as not having to change his clothes with every diaper. I started out with disposables the hospital gave me to get past that first nasty poo that would be hard to wash out and every 2 hours I was changing clothes and the diapers once he finally started going like he should.

Quoting splatz:

I'm sorry hun. :( BF was a huge struggle with my oldest. Have you contacted LLL to see if they have any more advice? My sons pedi said I had to use formula because he wouldn't gain weight. At his 1 month well check he basically said I was a horrible mother and starving my baby. I remember feeling like the biggest failure ever.
    Sending big huge *hugs* your way mama!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Spent this past week struggling with the nursing. Poor latch and supply not meeting demand. Gone  as far as a teet tube and hand expressing trying to get this working for us.

Today was Tenetke's first check up since coming home and was down to 7 lbs 9 ounces. =( The people that rode me while in the hospital to not use a paci or any other artifical nipple to avoid confusion said I have to give up and formula feed. Even though it was not surprising news I cried all the way home. How much of a failure do yo u feel like after the same people that acted like formula is the root of all evils tells you you can't nurse?

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    My best friend finds out what she is having today!!!! Eek!
  • splatz
    by splatz
    November 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    I'm thinking its a girl but hoping its a boy so I can live vicariously through her lol.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    November 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    Speaking of diapers... I need to go down to the lanundrymat and wash ours today. Blah. I much rather nap.
  • goddess99
    November 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I am debating on going to a walk in clinic today. I have been sick since Thursday and this is the last day Z has school. Ugh so today would be the best day to go. I just think it's not strep and they probably won't do anything so why waste the money.....?

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    If you feel bad enough I guess its worth it though. It won't be any fun to be miserable for the holiday! :(
  • goddess99
    November 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM

True but if it's not strep they won't do anything so I'll be miserable anyway I'll just have less money to be miserable with. ugh Idk... this sucks. I have shit to do tomorrow =(

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    It always works out that way! Its like our bodies know the kids will be off school and we have things that need done. So why wouldn't that be a perfect time to be miserably sick?!
  • goddess99
    November 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I know =( I just tried calling Chris at work to see what he thinks and there's no answer lol really no answer? ugh I swear.

• goddess99
    November 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Ok I'm going to go.