We know some of you ladies like to be creative, some of you like to save money and some of you like to use your resources to the fullest. Here are some tips to card making that can help you along the way!
1. Keep scrap paper and use it to punch out shapes with hole punches. You can even use them for confetti.
2. If making cards with children use washable inkpads.
3. Keep a notebook near you to jot down card ideas.
4. Coat the end of ribbons with clear nail polish to prevent fraying.
5. If you make a mistake, don't fret, use an embellishment to cover it up.
6. Store glitter in salt shakers. It makes using glitter so much easier.]
7. Store inkpads low on ink upside down to help the ink soak to the top.
8. Consider anything "game" for making cards. Items such as kleenex boxes, paper cups, etc. can have really cool designs on them.
Share any additional tips you have with us!
October 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Good ideas! I make my own, even Christmas cards, and haven't bought one for at least 4 years.
I keep a bottle of cherry scented essential oil with my card making supplies, and I put a very light touch to the edge of my cards. It adds just a little extra touch. I found a candy apple oil I'm going to use for Christmas. It smells just like the Winter Candy Apple from BBW.
by SlapItHighOctober 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Great tips! I love to make my own cards too. There are some good ideas to spring from on pinterest.
by Pammi86October 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM
by MomTiara19October 16, 2012 at 5:53 AM