Featured Posts
salamandersmom
Am I the only one??? (venting)
October 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I'm just venting....  So, I get up this morning and I'm in a good mood.  My hip still hurts a little, but I"m happy because when I step on the scale, it doesn't say that I've gained weight!  (always a good feeling!!)  I come to the computer and sit down, and immediately am jumped on by the kitten.  He purrs in my ear, slobbers on my ear lobe, bites my necklace and tries to carry it away.  Well, that part didn't work out so well for him.   He leaps from my shoulder onto the top of the printer, and sends a cascade of things onto the floor.  The mail that someone brought in and dumped for me, a couple of books, a stack of typing paper, and a dirty ash tray, sending cigarette butts and ashes flying.  Now, I don't smoke.  My oldest DD must have been here this morning, and yet again didn't clean up her mess.  I hate, hate, hate HATE cleaning up ash trays!  I think it's disgusting, it makes me want to puke.  Now my happy morning has been ruined, I'm grossed out AND pissed off.   it's kind of funny, because I can clean up puke, change diapers, etc, and none of that bothers me... but ash trays (and hair in the sink trap) just gross me out.  Am I the only one?  *rant over

Replies

• ARMYWife624
    October 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM

haha sorry your day was ruined but you made me laugh. I feel the same but no one in my home smokes so I'm lucky there. Hair though, I agree. Except I have no choice because my DH is disgusted by everything so I clean up anything gross including bugs. :-/

• Janet
    by Janet
    October 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM

No one smokes here. But like you I hate hair in the drains. YUK!!

• SlapItHigh
    October 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Time to institute a no-smoking rule in your home!!!

• maribou
    by maribou
    October 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM

My nice day was soon halted by our middle daughter calling at 7:15am saying she had just been in a fender bender, but something had leaked out of her car.  ARGH !!!!

Spent the next 4 hours driving to her work to get her keys, going to look at her car to see how bad it was (because she left it in a parking lot and we didn't want it to get towed), drove it to her apartment at which time her dad discovered she has bent something with the wheel, so now she is going to have to figure out a way to and from work for the rest of the week while we try to figure out a way to get her car home so dh can once again fix it (she did the same thing a little over a year ago).

Kids 

• salamandersmom
    October 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Oh, I wish...  I swear, no one listens to me rant.  Well, except the kitten... I scared the hell out of him when I started yelling about the cigarette butts....

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Time to institute a no-smoking rule in your home!!!

• MistressMinerva
    October 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

We don't smoke here either. I hate hair in the sink or any where in the bathroom.

• salamandersmom
    October 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I get what you mean about kids and cars.  On Sept 21, my oldest son blew the engine out of his Jeep.  AFTER I had helped him out by paying for a tank of gas... $79!!!  Then, on Monday, Sept 24, he borrowed my Taurus to get to work, and it needed gas, so another $55, and THEN he blew the engine out of that on the way to work.  I was practically jumping up and down mad.  WHAT THE HECK??  Who has THIS BAD of luck??  Besides me. 

Too bad you don't live closer, I'd ask your hubby to try to fix this mess, too.  Unfortunately, MY hubby is a jet mechanic.  And I love the man, but when he tried to change the fuel filter in my old car, it ended up costing $350 to fix all the crap he accidentally broke while trying to get the fuel filter out!!  SO, I don't let him do car stuff anymore.  And I won't ever again, until they put WINGS on CARS.  Which hopefully won't be any time soon!!

Quoting maribou:

My nice day was soon halted by our middle daughter calling at 7:15am saying she had just been in a fender bender, but something had leaked out of her car.  ARGH !!!!

Spent the next 4 hours driving to her work to get her keys, going to look at her car to see how bad it was (because she left it in a parking lot and we didn't want it to get towed), drove it to her apartment at which time her dad discovered she has bent something with the wheel, so now she is going to have to figure out a way to and from work for the rest of the week while we try to figure out a way to get her car home so dh can once again fix it (she did the same thing a little over a year ago).

Kids 

• salamandersmom
    October 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

And where does all that hair come from?  I swear, every human and critter should be BALD, with all the hair that I have to clean up around here!! 

Quoting MistressMinerva:

We don't smoke here either. I hate hair in the sink or any where in the bathroom.

• MistressMinerva
    October 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM

It's like one min it's not there and then you go back and it's there. It just shows up out of nowhere.

confused

Quoting salamandersmom:

And where does all that hair come from?  I swear, every human and critter should be BALD, with all the hair that I have to clean up around here!! 

Quoting MistressMinerva:

• 1squishysmom
    October 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM

yuck! We don't allow any smoking in our home. That would be awful! Plus, I have 4 kitties! Could you imagine what they would do? lol

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN