jltplk25
silly question but I'm curious
October 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
If you have a good relationship with your mil, does she have trouble remembering your birthday? Silly question, I know but Ive been wondering about this for a while. Dh and I have been married almost 7 years and my mil still doesn't know my birthday. It isn't that hard considering it is 8 days after my sil's birthday.

Replies

• luvmybug
    October 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

my soon-to-be mil always remebers my birthday.

• Kimbkay
    by Kimbkay
    October 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    Yes. My mil is my best friend. And after being in the family for 9 years. She finely remembered. Sad thing. She has only one child and our dds to remember. She has always done something for my bday or got me something
  • jltplk25
    October 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    I hadn't thought much about it until recently when mil asked if my birthday was 01/25. She wasn't too far off (it's 01/24) but I would think after 7 years she wouldn't have to ask. Kwim?

Quoting luvmybug:

my soon-to-be mil always remebers my birthday.

• LadyJag
    by LadyJag
    October 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    My MIL passed away several years ago, but I wanted to say that some people just aren't good with dates. I mean, it took my older brother DECADES to get my birthday right! I remember when I was a teenager, he was eating dinner at the table in front of my birthday cake, when it finally dawned on him what day it was, and he wished me a happy birthday! LOL!

I had to make up a memory trick for him: "Remember 1,2,3," I said, "for January 23rd."
  • TeaHound
    October 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM

My MIL and I get along famously. She does remember my bday.  However, in defense of your MIL; I'm TERRIBLE at remembering things like that.  I'll remember right up until the day before, have a plan for some fun or peculiar way to tell the person "happy bday" and... in the morning, I forget. :(

Hope things go better for you. :)

HAPPY BDAY (whenever it is.)

PS: I like your pic (avatar)!!! lol

• OliviasMommy611
    October 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    No!
  • splatz
    by splatz
    October 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Well, she's not technically my MIL but I refer to her as it anyways. There is no possible way she could ever forget my birthday. She shares her birthday with her oldest son, myself, and the newest grandbaby born this year. :)
  • jltplk25
    October 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Lol. Thanks. ;)

I'm not upset or offended by her forgetfulness (I tend to remember days the day before but forget to wish the person happy bday ON their actual day). I was more curious how many had similar issues. If that makes sense. Haha

Quoting TeaHound:

My MIL and I get along famously. She does remember my bday.  However, in defense of your MIL; I'm TERRIBLE at remembering things like that.  I'll remember right up until the day before, have a plan for some fun or peculiar way to tell the person "happy bday" and... in the morning, I forget. :(

Hope things go better for you. :)

HAPPY BDAY (whenever it is.)

PS: I like your pic (avatar)!!! lol

• Me.and.Them
    October 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Your profile picture made me laugh!

Anyway, my mil remembers my birthday. I have a hard time remembering people's birthdays though. I have to ask my mom to remind me when my nieces birthdays are, I know the general time (end of September), but I can't ever remember the exact date. I know that's awful :( But I can't even remember my own phone number. lol 

• jltplk25
    October 10, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    I'm glad it made you laugh! :D

Lol. I used to be good with dates but other seems the older I get, the more forgetful I become.

Quoting Me.and.Them:

Your profile picture made me laugh!

Anyway, my mil remembers my birthday. I have a hard time remembering people's birthdays though. I have to ask my mom to remind me when my nieces birthdays are, I know the general time (end of September), but I can't ever remember the exact date. I know that's awful :( But I can't even remember my own phone number. lol