Featured Posts
jltplk25
silly question but I'm curious
October 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM
If you have a good relationship with your mil, does she have trouble remembering your birthday? Silly question, I know but Ive been wondering about this for a while. Dh and I have been married almost 7 years and my mil still doesn't know my birthday. It isn't that hard considering it is 8 days after my sil's birthday.

Replies

• Basherte
    October 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I don't know my MIL birthday. I have to ask my husband every year. And I have a good relationship with her.

Part of that might be that she doesn't celebrate her birthday at all either.

Don't know. 

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    October 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    No not really but mine gets reminders via Facebook so she always makes it. My own dad forgets my birthday sometimes. As long as hubby doesn't forget I really couldn't care less. I had to do the math. This year cause I actually forgot how old I was gonna be. After 21 it's all just another day older.
  • jltplk25
    October 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    I actually never thought of that. If none of us did anything for her on her birthday, she'd never celebrate it.

Quoting Basherte:

I don't know my MIL birthday. I have to ask my husband every year. And I have a good relationship with her.

Don't know. 

• bleedhairspray
    October 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM

No she'd never forget, in her family all birthdays are remembered and celebrated. and it is BLASPHEMY if you don't show up to a party! Even when April rolls around and there's 8 birthdays including my own. When you're driving over an hour that many times a month to be there just for a cake it's a little ridiculous! 

I've loved the past two months, no birthdays!!

• ilovemykids732
    October 11, 2012 at 8:04 AM

My birthday is 2 days after MIL, everyone else in DHs family remembers it... but she doesnt... we dont get along... that COULD be why though...!

• Basherte
    October 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM

She prefers to not think about her getting older. 

She does love getting things from her grandchildren though. I wish I knew her address. I'd send her some tea things from her grandchild. She'd love that. She loves loose teas. 

I think I'll try to get that from her, the next time I talk to her.

Quoting jltplk25:

I actually never thought of that. If none of us did anything for her on her birthday, she'd never celebrate it.

Quoting Basherte:

Don't know. 

• jltplk25
    October 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    Birthdays were a big deal in our family growing up, especially for kids. Dh's family, at least according to him, never made a big ordeal of birthdays. I'm not expecting gifts or even am actual "happy birthday" call or text, it'd be cool if she would remember the actual day whenever it comes up inconversation. Eh, at least she knows the month! Haha

Quoting bleedhairspray:

No she'd never forget, in her family all birthdays are remembered and celebrated. and it is BLASPHEMY if you don't show up to a party! Even when April rolls around and there's 8 birthdays including my own. When you're driving over an hour that many times a month to be there just for a cake it's a little ridiculous! 

I've loved the past two months, no birthdays!!

• TaraLani
    October 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Mine doesn't remember mine most years, but we don't really remember theirs all that well, either. lol. They don't remember the kids' either, though, lol. They have 10 grandkids now, so I understand. She barely remembers DHs, and he's her son! Oh, and we are coming up on 8 years of being married. Don't worry, I doubt it's anything personal! :)

• CrazyMommy87
    October 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    No she always remembers and has thrown me two surprise parties over the years. One was a birthday/baby shower for our 1st and the other was my 25th
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts