Anl1991
Raspy crying?
by Anl1991
October 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM

My almost 8 week old son woke up not too long ago and his cry was very hoarse and weak and he nursed only a few (less than 5) minutes and was back to sleep. He has been sleeping all day and has not been nursing like he normally does since last night (yesterday was my first day back to work and the first day of being away from him.) He was also super congested and I had to clear out his nose. Anyone else experienced this with your babies? Let me also add that he has NOT been running a fever of any kind.

Replies

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    October 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    I would call his pedi!
  • Janet
    by Janet
    October 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Yes, since he is so young I would call your ped!

• goddess99
    October 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I agree with the others. That's so young, I would call too.

• LOVES67
    by LOVES67
    October 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Yeah, call his pediatrician..

• Dinosaurspiders
    October 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Sounds like a cold, whenever my son got sick, but not that young, he would sleep all day long as his body was fighting the bug. Also, it is hard for the little ones to nurse when they are clogged up with mucus, but you have to keep trying. I would definitely call the doctor for a phone consultation though, just to be safe. Make sure he does not get dehydrated, you can tell by how many wet diapers he has, if he is having less than usual there is danger of dehydration and at his age that is bad news. Good luck, I hope he gets to feeling better. 

• DixieFlower
    October 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I agree with calling your pedi. Also as to him being congested run a hot shower. Once the bathroom is steamy you can take baby in there to help decongest him. I used to also nurse my sons in the steamy bathroom when they'd get congested.

• jessi2girls
    October 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

at that age, I would contact his pediatrician.

• momtoBrenna
    October 11, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    Call his pedi to get him in. It could be reflux, that can cause the raspy cry and the mucus. It could also be any number of other problems, I hope he feels better soon!
  • SlapItHigh
    October 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Yes, we have experienced that in the past.  Hope he is feeling better soon.