Featured Posts
Cafe Beth
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Man Dies After Cockroach Eating Contest
October 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

Edward Archbold was the "life of the party" kind of a guy who entered a superworm eating contest. Later he was in a cockroach eating contest and he won! Then he got sick and died. Tests are being conducted to determine the cause of death.

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence?

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place?

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

Replies

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Thanks for taking the time to share with us! Here's a nice warm drink for you. :)

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

people eat cockroaches all over the world so unless he choked, some weird sifi event happened where one was alive and ate through his organs, OR the store used cock roaches not sutable for consumption for whatever reason (dug them out of sewers and garbage bins out back???) then I do not think the roaches killed him.

It doesnt bother me the store held such a contest

No friggin way would I eat bugs. I don't find a bug eating contest risky, so by "ther risky contest" I am unsure what qualifies and so unsure if I would compete!

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM

LOL! I hope your nauseousness goes away soon. (Is that a word?!)

Enjoy your iced coffee.

Quoting splatz:

Oh, but I can answer. No no no... I would NEVER do any type of eating contest. Insect or not. No thank you. :P

Can I have an iced coffee? 

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Here's a warm cider for you. I hope you enjoy it!

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

probabably, because they are really dirty.

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Kind of makes you wonder, huh?

Enjoy this apple cider!

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

Maybe it was how many he ate. And no, I would NEVER eat a roach.

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Maybe this will help you feel better!

Quoting mom2ljh:

I'm going to vomit.

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Can you imagine that? Yuck!

I hope you'll enjoy this drink.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

First off, ew. 

Second, I'm not surprised! Maybe they burrowed in his esophagus and tried to eat their way out.

• Uhura
    by Uhura
    October 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I don't know if it killed him or not, there are lots of people who eat bugs every single day of the week and they never get sick. It would depend on how the store prepared it, how clean it was, his own health..there are far too many variables.

As for me, I'm willing to try almost anything as long as it's dead first. I wouldn't do an eating contest for anything though. The few times I've actually seen them (even for things like hot dogs), it makes me feel sick watching people wolf down food that fast.

Hot chocolate and chocolate glazed doughnut for me please.

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I agree. It's hard to tell what the cause was.

I hope you enjoy your hot chocolate and doughnut. :)

Quoting Uhura:

I don't know if it killed him or not, there are lots of people who eat bugs every single day of the week and they never get sick. It would depend on how the store prepared it, how clean it was, his own health..there are far too many variables.

As for me, I'm willing to try almost anything as long as it's dead first. I wouldn't do an eating contest for anything though. The few times I've actually seen them (even for things like hot dogs), it makes me feel sick watching people wolf down food that fast.

Hot chocolate and chocolate glazed doughnut for me please.

• LittleBirdFly
    October 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Here's a warm cider for you. I hope you enjoy it!

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

probabably, because they are really dirty.

• unsuspected
    October 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    A few years ago a radio station had a water drinking competition, a woman died from water intoxication because of it. The family sued, I dont know if they won or not.

In this case idk ... If he didn't chew them up, they were all alive in there!

And no order, I've lost my appetite.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts