Featured Posts
Cafe Beth
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Man Dies After Cockroach Eating Contest
October 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

Edward Archbold was the "life of the party" kind of a guy who entered a superworm eating contest. Later he was in a cockroach eating contest and he won! Then he got sick and died. Tests are being conducted to determine the cause of death.

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence?

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place?

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

And be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

Replies

• itsblissmas
    October 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence? I kind of wonder if it wasn't the 2 contests in the same day that had something to do with it.

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place? I don't know. I guess people can do what they want as long as it's legal. He was an adult and should have known there could be risks.

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest? No, absolutely not. I think it's digusting and just the thought of it, well.... sick!

I would like a strawberry smoothie and a strawberry doughnut.

• Janet
    by Janet
    October 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Yes I think those germy bugs killed him. 

• Cafe Beth
    October 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Strawberries seem so much better to eat. LOL!

Quoting itsblissmas:

1. Do you think the bugs killed him, or that it was probably an unfortunate coincidence? I kind of wonder if it wasn't the 2 contests in the same day that had something to do with it.

2. Was the store negligent in even allowing this contest to take place? I don't know. I guess people can do what they want as long as it's legal. He was an adult and should have known there could be risks.

3. Would you ever enter an insect eating contest or other risky contest? No, absolutely not. I think it's digusting and just the thought of it, well.... sick!

I would like a strawberry smoothie and a strawberry doughnut.

• armyvet06
    October 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    I think the bugs killed him. I would never eat anything as gross as bugs.
  • ARMYWife624
    October 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    No. Bugs did not kill him. Ive eaten a live roach (disgusting and not on purpose, i was a baby) im still alive and kicking. Could be the worm but i doubt it as they are full of protein. The store is legally allowed to uphold any contest they please as long as they have proper paperwork if necessary for that county. And yes, i would do it if and only if i were competing for a significant amount of money.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    October 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM

The store shouldn't allow anyone to eat a large amount of bugs. I'm sure he signed a legal paper in case somthing happened to him.

• Janet
    by Janet
    October 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I wouldn't even touch one let alone eat one.  lol

• Janet
    by Janet
    October 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM

How about a pumpkin how coffee please?

• sumannie
    October 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    Well It could have been the roaches that killed him bc they are nasty creatures but you never know if he had a medical condition. As far as ppl doing these contests, If its legal or whatever then I guess they can do whatever they want. But if they caused the person to die then they may get into trouble. I would NEVER eat insects!!! EWWWW!!! Not even for money! My 2 year old son bit one in half before but spit it out thank god. I brushed his teeth afterwards. lol.
    Raspberry ice tea please.
  • goddess99
    October 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Eww um... eww what the hell is wrong with people?

I'll have an iced caramel mocha. Thank you.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN