ZakkarysMom
Do you feel guilty when..
October 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
You buy something for yourself? I bought a shirt today. Just a plain long sleeve shirt. And i felt guilty. I rarely buy things for myself. My kids have more clothes than i do. And thats fine. I always put their needs before my own.

Replies

• lullabylily
    October 9, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Sometimes I do.  Depends on what and how much.  I usually feel guilty if I buy stuff for myself that cost over a certain budget

• ZakkarysMom
    October 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM
    I wish I just needed a belt for my pants. lol I just need bigger ones!

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

I TOTALLY do. After I have sat there, scrutinized over the price/value and if I could possibly get it somewhere cheapier (All after I've done my research and brought coupons or went for a sale) I STILL sit there and ask myself, "Do I REALLY need this?" lol, I'd rather spend it on my husband or boys. It is VERY difficult for me to buy ME anything without feeling guility or questioning myself. I wear my clothing until it has holes. I wear my shoes until they fall apart. I don't use purses, so no need to bother with those. I NEED new underware, but I haven't gotten around to getting me any. I got my 2 year old some, and my husband some boxers, but did not get any undies for me. I NEED new pants, because I went back down to a size 8, which I have not been in YEARS, and all of my clothing is a size 10. (Even an 8 would be too big, but lets face it, no way in HELL could I EVER fit back into a size 6. Not with these hips at least. A size 7 would be great, but the retailers that sale size 7 are ridiculous in price. So............. I will wear a belt! Because it's cheaper and I already have two. lol)

• FindersKeepers
    October 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I do and I wish I didn't.... I pay the bills so I know how much money we have all times.   Anything I spend on myself I feel guilty about taking away from the limited household budget.  

DH forces me to go out shopping for myself once every other year.   I make sure him and the kids are stocked on clothes year round... when I start looking raga-muffin he gets upset with me for not taking care of myself too.

• Oceana09
    October 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I usually don't buy things for myself but if I have my daughter with me and I buy her something, she usually starts crying because "What about you mommy?" so I usually buy like a $3 tank top or something for myself just to make her happy. At least she thinks of others. It could be worse.

• Mommy052012
    October 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I always put everyones needs above my own, so no every once in awhile I do not feel guilty or bad about buying something for myself! Everyone needs to take care of themselves also, and sometimes your so busy taking care of everyone else that you dont think about you anymore and kind of become upset :/

• lovelife350
    October 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

my son isn't even born yet and I feel that way all the time. every time I spend even two dollars, i'm like maybe I should put that in the baby fund. 

• heather4511
    October 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM
    I am exactly the same!

Quoting jltplk25:

I do sometimes. But I usually buy them a treat anyway then I don't feel quite as bad.
  • Uhura
    by Uhura
    October 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Nope, I need and want stuff too.

• mnmo3bb
    by mnmo3bb
    October 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Not really because it's rare... and usually not unnecessary lol 

• ncohetero
    October 9, 2012 at 3:14 AM

yea i do. i normally just buy stuff for my daughter and husband. when i buy something i have to really need it and even then it feels wrong