KaliyahImani
people say im brutally honest is that bad?
October 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people

Replies

• TexanMomOf6
    October 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM

The word Brutally is telling. It's a negative word. People really don't want to hear "No, those jeans don't make your butt look big, your BIG BUTT makes those jeans look fat"

It may not seem rude to you, but it must be taken that way or you wouldn't have asked to begin with. Then you ask for no rude responses. I think rude must be one of those actions that are "in the eye of the beholder"  If what you are doing seems to upset people, why do you do it? Do you lose friends over it? You CAN help it. It is a voluntary action.  Some things are better left unsaid.

• KaliyahImani
    October 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    Im not rude but honest yes if the jeans do make you look fat why should i let you walk out in public looking crazy i was raised by a marine and he never suger coated with so i wont with anyone else why so life can be full of lies no i cant better yet yea you rite i wont do it i refuse to lie to please anyone on this earth its stupid point blank and fyi all my friends are still my friend and respect my honesty it people like you who dont and probably lie
  • shadow_lark
    October 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM
    I think there is a fine line between being tactfully honest, which is what people are looking for, and being blunt and you apparently seem to cross that line. it doesn't mean you have to sugar coat things...just use a little more compassion in your honesty.
  • MsEmma88
    October 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM
    This is just what I was going to say. It's great to be honest. And to a point it's good but the way you tell the truth is all the difference between being honest and mean. If you say "yeah you look like s$@& in those jeans" your being honest but mean. "you know I think this outfit isn't very flattering but I love these pants on you they make you look so cute" your telling the truth there no sugar coat and you still have a friend that doesn't feel self conscious around you

Quoting shadow_lark:

I think there is a fine line between being tactfully honest, which is what people are looking for, and being blunt and you apparently seem to cross that line. it doesn't mean you have to sugar coat things...just use a little more compassion in your honesty.

• MadysonsMama
    October 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Dont ask dont tell.  

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    October 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I like honesty.

• pasteeater
    October 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    How funny you said no rude people yet you said yourself you are brutally honest. That implies you're mean when your honest. Sounds to me that you're just bitchy and use that as an excuse. You don't have to tell everyone every thing you're thinking. Do you get off on hurting people? I bet theyre all younger or smaller.
  • KaliyahImani
    October 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM
    First off no one i know cares what i say cuz they all are strong willed people little whiney people as you seem to be might find it mean i care for people but i refuse to lie if you look bad in something im going to tell you it aint for you straight out pulse its my mouth but i do greatly honor everyones opinion because it dont bother me none

Quoting pasteeater:

How funny you said no rude people yet you said yourself you are brutally honest. That implies you're mean when your honest. Sounds to me that you're just bitchy and use that as an excuse. You don't have to tell everyone every thing you're thinking. Do you get off on hurting people? I bet theyre all younger or smaller.

• KaliyahImani
    October 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM
    I love this because if you know how i am why even ask me so i see it as you asked because you want a real person like me to tell you the real truth

Quoting MadysonsMama:

Dont ask dont tell.  

• KaliyahImani
    October 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM
    I also like your comment because you were honest and not hateful i thank you for your opinion and i will try that

Quoting shadow_lark: