Featured Posts
KaliyahImani
people say im brutally honest is that bad?
October 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Some people dont like my honesty and i was raised not to suger coat anything and to always speak my mind. I dont do it rudely im just honest i know its a time and place for everything so ill pull them to the side i just like being me and i just cant help it. What do you think i should do ???? No rude response please i dislike rude people

Replies

• Chellie13
    October 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I am the same way as you.  I've had a lot of people stop talking to me because of it. Oh well.  This is how I am.  People will always know where I stand.  I'm not mean about anything.  In fact, I'm actually kind of quiet.  I think that throws people off.  They expect  me to be a doormat, so when I actually show my voice they act like I have a problem.  No problem here LOL.

You shouldn't "do" anything except keep being yourself.  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss  :)

• splatz
    by splatz
    October 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I find it ironic that you say you dislike rude people if you are brutally honest. 

Anyways, I think honesty is good. But there is a fine line between being honest in a good way & being honest in a bad way. 

• OliviasMommy611
    October 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    I think it's ok but the fact that your asking makes me think you worry it's wrong. No?
  • OliviasMommy611
    October 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Agree.

Quoting splatz:

I find it ironic that you say you dislike rude people if you are brutally honest. 

Anyways, I think honesty is good. But there is a fine line between being honest in a good way & being honest in a bad way. 

• Mommy4000
    October 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I speak my mind in the form of clever sarcasm so that people don't realize how brutally honest I'm being.

• DixieFlower
    October 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I agree! One doesn't have to be nasty to be honest.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

one can be honest without being brutal.

• KaliyahImani
    October 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    So to answer you all im honest and i dont swear i find swearing to be childish i love being myself so i asked because i just wanted someones opinion an d that what i got so thank you all for you responses
  • Knightquester
    October 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

So am I, but according to those that are near and dear to me that's one of the traits they like best about me.  I don't fluff things up, I don't cuss or yell but when I'm answering people then I am very blunt and very honest which comes across brutal to many.

I am dubious when a person is asked something and they are incapable of fully answering for fear of hurting feelings.  I would rather be brutally honest then diplomatically correct all the time.

On the flip side I am aware of peoples feelings and if it's a child or an adult that is more sensitive then I have learned to ask them if they are sure they want me to answer them prior to answering them, because I won't lie or fluff things up.

• KaliyahImani
    October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    I like that because thats how i am exactly people dont like it because they arent,like that but i find that im one of kind this is how god made me so why change then if i change i would be fake. I like the person i am we are honest people lets not changed that

Quoting Knightquester:

So am I, but according to those that are near and dear to me that's one of the traits they like best about me.  I don't fluff things up, I don't cuss or yell but when I'm answering people then I am very blunt and very honest which comes across brutal to many.

I am dubious when a person is asked something and they are incapable of fully answering for fear of hurting feelings.  I would rather be brutally honest then diplomatically correct all the time.

On the flip side I am aware of peoples feelings and if it's a child or an adult that is more sensitive then I have learned to ask them if they are sure they want me to answer them prior to answering them, because I won't lie or fluff things up.

• wulfeyes05
    October 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I am the same way. If you want an honest opinion then don't ask me because I'll tell you exactly what I think. That's why I'm glad I have friends and a husband who like me to be outright, no sugar coating honest. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN