jltplk25
would you go primitive?
September 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
So my in-laws are talking about fixing a building up so Dh, myself and our 2 kids can move in while we clear up some debt. To avoid a whole lot of cost, I may have to go with out a kitchen...instead I would have a microwave and a mini fridge. Instead of a toilet I would get some sort of porta johnny that has to be cleaned weekly plus no running water. I want to scream I'll keep my craps shoot of a trailer rather than be stuck in a place that I can't do anything on my own.

Replies

• purfectkitty
    September 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM

its better than being broke and on the streets with your babies be grateful for what u have

• shadow_lark
    September 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    No, i wouldnt do that.
  • mcginnisc
    September 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I would not keep my children in a home with no running water or a toilet...I'm pretty sure that CPS frowns upon that, but I could be wrong.. How are they going to bathe for school? Have drinking water? ( bottled costs a fortune if you have to buy it all the time) 

• DixieFlower
    September 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I could do without a kitchen but I would absolutely have to have running water.

• jltplk25
    September 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    Lol. Sorry I was irritated so I didn't mention that this is on the in-laws property so we do have access to showers and toilets. We'd just have to walk up to their house for baths.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I would not keep my children in a home with no running water or a toilet...I'm pretty sure that CPS frowns upon that, but I could be wrong.. How are they going to bathe for school? Have drinking water? ( bottled costs a fortune if you have to buy it all the time) 

• jltplk25
    September 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    We aren't going to be homeless. The problem is is that the place we are living in sucks up whatever extra money we may have. The windows leak, the floor is bowing, splits are appearing (or at least it seems to me) in the kitchen floor, etc. When we bought this place none of these issues were apparent or else we would probably still be renting the other place we had been living.

Quoting purfectkitty:

its better than being broke and on the streets with your babies be grateful for what u have

• jltplk25
    September 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    I would like to have running water too but with the placement of the building bein used, water can't be ran to it without costing big bucks. This whole thing seems like a nightmare but dh is certain this is the answer.

Quoting DixieFlower:

I could do without a kitchen but I would absolutely have to have running water.

• ihave1
    by ihave1
    September 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    Now why cant yawl live in the house with the inlaws?
  • jltplk25
    September 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    It's a four bedroom house with 5 people living in it already. Lol. My in-laws adopted 3 kids plus they think that us having our own "place" would help give us a break away from them. O.o Thank god I like my in-laws. Haha

Quoting ihave1:

• ihave1
    by ihave1
    September 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    Thats is a good thing. Lol. So is this going to be a forever home? I bet yawl could save enought to get running water. oh a few months or more back I remember hearing about a family that was living in a storage unit. Now that I could do, but what your saying I could.

Quoting jltplk25:

It's a four bedroom house with 5 people living in it already. Lol. My in-laws adopted 3 kids plus they think that us having our own "place" would help give us a break away from them. O.o Thank god I like my in-laws. Haha

Quoting ihave1: