Featured Posts
vinalex0581
Problem child or just experimenting? *Long* need advice on what to do **Update**
September 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I called up my sons principal yesterday and he told me that this shouldn't have happened. He's going to call a meeting with all of the 2nd grade teachers and inform them of what is happening. He's going to make sure that the teachers keep an eye on Courtney to make sure she doesn't do it again. I feel bad that I went over my sons teachers' head but I figured I had to speak to the principal about the situation. I did suggest to him that his teacher, him and I should meet up but that's when he told me he's going to speak with the other teachers.  He said that it would be bad if my son had to be transfered to a different class because he probably made friends all ready and how far into the school year it is. Really?? Why would MY son have to move to a different class?? I told him in a 7 year olds perspective he might feel that he's being punished if he ended up moving into another class. He told me that he wouldn't want to move Courtney out of that class just in case she was put there for a reason. Wow!! Really?? That was the reason he gave me?? Okay. So if this continues and they make him move to a different class, I'm thinking of getting the media involved, after all, if the situation was reversed, my son would be the one getting suspended for this. I feel they are being sexist about this situation. 

My son was in 1st grade last year and 6 years old. Things were going fine for him. Until one day he comes home and said, "Courtney kissed me on the lips today." She was a classmate of his. I told him that she shouldn't do it and that he should stay away from her. The week after he comes home from school and he said,"Courtney tried holding my hand and kissed me on the cheek." I told him that the next time she touches you to tell her stop. The next day he comes home and says, "Courtney kissed me on the lips today." I asked, "did you tell her to stop?" He said yes. I told him to ignore her. I told him to not tell the teacher because she doesn't need to get in trouble. I figured she's 6 so she's just experimenting. The next week he comes up to me and tells me that she touched his penis. So I wrote his teacher a note and told her what his classmate did. She called me to let me know that the kids went to see the school counselor to talk about this (separately, of course). That her parents were informed on what happened. She also told me that she's going to keep them separate and she will keep a better eye on her from now on. I explained to her that she had been kissing him and holding his hands throughout the year. I told his teacher that I didn't want to say anything at first because I didn't want to get Courtney in alot of trouble and possibly have this scar her when all she might have been doing is experimenting to begin with.

The next day my son comes home telling me, "Courtney came up to me and put her arms on her hips and said to me, "thanks alot Alex!" So that was the end of that.

This year my son is in 2nd grade and 7 years old. At his open house (before school starts each year, kids get to visit their classroom, meet their teacher and possibly meet their classmates). We saw that Courtney was in his class again this year.

I informed his teacher on what happened last year between the two of them and she told me that she was told about it all ready.

One my of son's friend came over to play and his friends mother told me that Courntey is a trouble maker and that she got her son in trouble a couple of times last year.

So.....last week (school started September 4th as it's 3 weeks into schoo) my son comes home and yet, again, tells me that Courtney kissed him on the cheek.

I'm thinking of maybe contacting my sons elementary school principal and letting him know what's going on since, obviously, telling my sons teacher isn't helping at all. I can understand, she has to watch over 18 kids so she can't keep on eye on Courtney all of the time. She's not there when they have lunch or are at their specials. 

Should I inform my sons teacher on what Courtney did or should I just go and tell the principal?

I don't want to go over the teachers head and go right to her boss but it doesn't seem like talking to his teacher is helping at all.

Also, isn't this considered a type of bullying?

Replies

• gizmo538
    October 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Definetly a double-standard.

I would've taken that as a threat. Like, "either stop whining about a curious little girl or we'll move your son into another class". So yeah, if they do that then raise all the hell you can because if the situation was reversed, your son would be suspended and CPS would be paying you a visit to find out why your son is so "sexually aggressive" because that's a sign of abuse or a mentally unstable child.

You're not over-reacting so don't let them bully you into keeping quiet.

• la_bella_vita
    October 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

That is not in the least ok. CPS should be called. That is not norma behavior.

• seaspray
    October 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM
    You need to call CPS NOW! Nearly every single time that I've gotten a case with this type of behavior it has led to an arrest of a molesting family member or family friend. There have only ever been a few exceptions and in those cases it was that the child was exposed to either media or activity that they were not supposed to be watching. Please call and make an anonymous tip! Teachers never take these issues as seriously as they should.
  • sparklebug86
    October 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I had a little girl in my daycare who harrased one of the toddlers in a similar manner and I know darn well she got it from her mothers behavior. This is my perspective, I had crazy hormones as a child and I chalk them up to being molested at a very young age HOWEVER, I knew better than to act that way at school or speak to others in that manner. CPS should be called in to speak to the parents and find out what is in fact going on because either something is happening to her or shes watching something she shouldnt be.

Quoting Bethy16:

I had a VERY simmilar situation with my son when he was in 1st grade. This little girl actually pulled her pants down and asked my son to lick her and she wanted to suck his penis!! She did the same thing to my girlfriends son so we both called the school trying to avoid the parents. They also called them in separately and that afternoon the girl grabbed my son and threw him into the bus window also saying thanks for getting her in trouble. In this case the school did nothing. It started up again last year the first week on the bus and i told the school and the parents I was going to the police since they are not protecting my son! I was so happpy when they changed bus routes and even though she lives down the block she is not on the bus with him. BUT guess who he was sitting next to in class the first day of school??? I requested she not be in class with him and here she is! The principal cant do anything now but the teacher moved his seat. She keeps them as apart as she can. That being said this girl had both of the kids on each side of her ask to have their desks moved and she gets sent to the office almost every day. While she is not bullying my son anymore she is so disruptive in the class it takes away from all therest of the kids. What drives me nuts is that because it is was a girl to a boy it isnt as serious as if it was a boy doing this to a girl. I would threaten the school and if it continues they need to call CPS because 6yr olds shouldnt know this kind of stuff :(

• samurai_chica
    October 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I'm worried for the girl & why she would have interest in touching a boys penis at such a young age. That behavior was learned from somewhere....

• Uhura
    by Uhura
    October 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Wow, yeah, your son shouldn't have to change classrooms. Courtney is the one being the troublemaker (and has been for several other times). Why is she being allowed to get away with this?

• maidjillian
    October 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Get the media involved?  I think that would really embarrass him in the long run.  I think there needs to be meeting with both sets of parents together and the kids. 

• Jlee4249
    October 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    Quoting seaspray:

You need to call CPS NOW! Nearly every single time that I've gotten a case with this type of behavior it has led to an arrest of a molesting family member or family friend. There have only ever been a few exceptions and in those cases it was that the child was exposed to either media or activity that they were not supposed to be watching. Please call and make an anonymous tip! Teachers never take these issues as seriously as they should.

this. And I would tell the principle that he should consider it his Duty to hold a meeting with the girl's parets and inform them what is going on so that they can get her counseling and threaten HER parents with removing HER from class. Then you should warn him if the girl isn't "fixed" or counseled, and if they move your son instead ofthe problem child, then inform him that you'll be taking this double-standard sexual harrassment to the media.
    Tell him if your son is moved when he has done nothing wrong, it will just help the story along.
  • ke7cnq
    by ke7cnq
    October 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    I am sure I am not the only one to come to this conclusion, but it sounds to me that the little girls maybe being abused at home. From experience I know how some little girls act when being abused. I am a survivor of a sexually abusive home. I know my behavior was uncalled for growing up because I did not know what I was doing was wrong cause it was being done to me by someone I was supposed to trust.
  • ke7cnq
    by ke7cnq
    October 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    I am sure I am not the only one to come to this conclusion, but it sounds to me that the little girls maybe being abused at home. From experience I know how some little girls act when being abused. I am a survivor of a sexually abusive home. I know my behavior was uncalled for growing up because I did not know what I was doing was wrong cause it was being done to me by someone I was supposed to trust.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN