lovedbymom
I'm a mom with Cerebral Palsy
September 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I am a mom of three that was born with cerebral palsy.  I grew up with this all my life and don't feel bad for myself at all (well, sometimes I get frustrated) and get mad at myself.  Anyhow, I was curious if there were other moms out there with CP or another disability.  I am thankful that in my case it is a mild case of cerebral palsy and am able to do a lot of the things that others can do, but just at a slower pace.  I am wanting to make true friends with or without disabilities, I was just curious if there were other moms with a disability out there.

Replies

• lovedbymom
    November 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I have a 9 year old as well. 

Quoting nikkita311:

I have the severest form of Spina Bifida but am able to walk.I have an 9 yr old ,he will be 10 pm Dec,24.

• MiniMom411
    November 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM

That's great! my husband & I are going to try for a girl next fall. He wants 3  but I think 2 would be fine, we'll see. It's cute when I'm playin with my son he'll grab my left hand and  try to chew on my fingers and bend them. He is already so quick I hope I can keep up with him when he starts runnin haha.

Quoting lovedbymom:

Wow! I have it on my left side as well.  I have a 9, 5, and 1 year old.  They help me as much as they can.

Quoting MiniMom411:

Quoting lovedbymom:

I am a mom of three that was born with cerebral palsy.  I grew up with this all my life and don't feel bad for myself at all (well, sometimes I get frustrated) and get mad at myself.  Anyhow, I was curious if there were other moms out there with CP or another disability.  I am thankful that in my case it is a mild case of cerebral palsy and am able to do a lot of the things that others can do, but just at a slower pace.  I am wanting to make true friends with or without disabilities, I was just curious if there were other moms with a disability out there.

My CP sounds just like yours! I have mild CP on my left side. I'm a SAHM and have a 10 month old boy :-)

• lovedbymom
    November 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM

We had our third in August of 2011. I bet you will.  I have a good time trying to keep up with my youngest now.  It's so fun to see him move.  He walks along furniture and he walks while holding on to hands or other objects as well.  Only a matter of time before he'll be walking. 

Quoting MiniMom411:

That's great! my husband & I are going to try for a girl next fall. He wants 3  but I think 2 would be fine, we'll see. It's cute when I'm playin with my son he'll grab my left hand and  try to chew on my fingers and bend them. He is already so quick I hope I can keep up with him when he starts runnin haha.

Quoting lovedbymom:

Wow! I have it on my left side as well.  I have a 9, 5, and 1 year old.  They help me as much as they can.

Quoting MiniMom411:

Quoting lovedbymom:

My CP sounds just like yours! I have mild CP on my left side. I'm a SAHM and have a 10 month old boy :-)

• nikkita311
    November 17, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    I can't have any more kids.
  • GreenEyes8707
    November 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

My son father has this, and its just in his legs. But, I know people who live with this. Some it effects more than others. You are a very strong woman, and a brave person for having to deal with this, and have kids. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

• lovedbymom
    November 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Thank you!

Quoting GreenEyes8707:

My son father has this, and its just in his legs. But, I know people who live with this. Some it effects more than others. You are a very strong woman, and a brave person for having to deal with this, and have kids. GOOD FOR YOU!!!