Featured Posts
magenta_purdy
my poor lil buddy :/
September 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
My DS is going to be 4 in Oct, today when we were at the park for a reception/BBQ he started acting strange didnt wanna play with other children or eat or drink etc. Just told me he didnt feel good, his head hurt and we need to go. My husband suggested he drink some fluids and relax. He layed on bench next to me and kept asking me to hold him. I told my DH we need to go, my DS felt hot to the touch. When I got home I took his temp and it was 103 and he was being lethargic so I took him to see Dr at our little clinic (only medical in town) and his bp was elevated as well as his heart rate. It took an hour to get the heart rate down to 130. He got heat sick and dehydrated. (Oddly enough it was not that hot out but it was humid) they sent us home when they got fever and heart rate down. And I am worried to let him sleep alone may sound silly bcuz he has improved but his temp is back up not as high only 101.6 but thats with a bath and motrin.

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    September 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    Hope he gets better!
  • Pam_8787
    September 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    Hope he feels better
  • convinny2
    September 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    I wouldn't leave is side to many other things could go wrong. I hope everything works out and he makes a full and speedy recovery.
  • mom2gr8tgirls
    September 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    Hope he starts feeling better!
  • MistressMinerva
    September 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Hope he gets better soon.

• magenta_purdy
    September 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Thx mommies! He still has temp 102 but I have him stripped down to undies with only a cotton sheet. Anyone know how long its safe to give him motrin and tylenol alternated?
  • goddess99
    September 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Hope he feels better soon!!

• goddess99
    September 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I used to alternate those meds with my dd. Her doctor recommended it.

Quoting magenta_purdy:

Thx mommies! He still has temp 102 but I have him stripped down to undies with only a cotton sheet. Anyone know how long its safe to give him motrin and tylenol alternated?

• auntangelofsix
    September 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    hope he gets better soon..
  • lovethelake
    September 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM

its so scary when your kids are sick :(

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts