Featured Posts
magenta_purdy
my poor lil buddy :/
September 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
My DS is going to be 4 in Oct, today when we were at the park for a reception/BBQ he started acting strange didnt wanna play with other children or eat or drink etc. Just told me he didnt feel good, his head hurt and we need to go. My husband suggested he drink some fluids and relax. He layed on bench next to me and kept asking me to hold him. I told my DH we need to go, my DS felt hot to the touch. When I got home I took his temp and it was 103 and he was being lethargic so I took him to see Dr at our little clinic (only medical in town) and his bp was elevated as well as his heart rate. It took an hour to get the heart rate down to 130. He got heat sick and dehydrated. (Oddly enough it was not that hot out but it was humid) they sent us home when they got fever and heart rate down. And I am worried to let him sleep alone may sound silly bcuz he has improved but his temp is back up not as high only 101.6 but thats with a bath and motrin.

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    September 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM

how is he doing now?

Quoting magenta_purdy:

Quoting Janet:

Yeah I would take him to the doctor. May I ask how hot it was outside?

It was 85-90 degrees I would guess but since we had alot of rain the day before it was pretty humid

• magenta_purdy
    September 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    Quoting Janet:

he is much better! Has a very sore throat from strep but I am keeping him home from preschool this week. Time to recoup will be good right now in our little town of 2000 ppl, croup, hand foot and mouth, strep, fifths disease, among others are all spreading like crazy!
  • Janet
    by Janet
    September 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Good, I'm glad he is better. He needs to stay home and rest.

Quoting magenta_purdy:

Quoting Janet:

he is much better! Has a very sore throat from strep but I am keeping him home from preschool this week. Time to recoup will be good right now in our little town of 2000 ppl, croup, hand foot and mouth, strep, fifths disease, among others are all spreading like crazy!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts