Featured Posts
Rojas16
Time to come out of my shell... ( advise please)
by Rojas16
August 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Hello everyone,
This is my first post and first time really using the site. But I wanted some advise. And a chance to break out of my shell. I have 2 amazing children. A 5 year old girl and a one year old boy. And over the process of being married having kids and gaining weight I have lost a lot of who i use to be. Very outgoing. Lots of friends. Funny. And I love being a Mom. But I miss interaction and friends. I have found myself to be depressed about it. Which makes me lazy. Which does not help that I want to lose weight. And for some reason I can't get off my butt and do something about it. I get anxiety thinking about it. And get nervous talking to people much less trying to hang out. But I need to. I sick of feeling alone. Just cause I am a Mom. And my kids would love to have more friends to. So anyone ever feel like this? And what advice do you have?

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• goddess99
    August 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Set small, realistic goals for yourself. If possible, volunteer at your daughters school. You will definitely meet people/friends doing that.

• Janet
    by Janet
    August 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM

You got some great advice, I hope it works out for you hun.

• ditdot
    by ditdot
    August 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You are not alone. I am feeling the same way. I was married, moved, lost my job, and had my daughter all within a year. I lost contact with all but one of my friends and I usually only hangout with my mom. I've been trying to make new friends, but I don't work as of right now and my daughter is only 3 months old so she isn't involved in any play groups or the ymca or anything. Just know that there are plenty of us mom's that feel this way. 

• mommyjenn29
    August 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I am going through the same thing too.I noticed as you get older it's a lot harder to find real friends:(.I am 30 and just realized I don't have real friends only fake ones and it sucks.I am the same way when it comes to depression also with feeling lazy and not doing anything.I am always moping when I go through the depressed phases.You did get a lot of advice and do hope everything works out for you.Also if you ever need anyone to talk to friend request me and we can talk on messenger:)

• angelfromcali21
    August 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    What part of cali?
  • countrylife3
    August 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Start by being confident. Say in your mind, I can do this.
    Ask a friend for lunch & if they have kids, bring them so it's like a little playdate.
    Try working out when your kids are napping, if they do take naps.
    Eat healthy!!

• Rojas16
    by Rojas16
    August 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    Southern. How about ou
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email