Mom to Mom

How do I handle
July 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM
My living situation, I live alone with my daughter in an income based apartment, now for the most part things are relatively quiet during the day, nobody is outside but at nite while kids are asleep the ADULTS want to fight(mostly the women, who are mothers no less) like lil teenage girls and boys.

They just finished a fight right outside of my house in the road. It's getting to be rediculous I can't sleep at night due to the fighting almost every nite.

To make matters worse, there are people that come through here with loud music and it drives me crazy because it rattles the windows.

My neighbors and i get along infact we barely talk but this has to end. I cannot afford $600 a month.

What can I do about my living situation to make it more bareable for myself and my daughter besides move?


  • MistressMinerva
    July 31, 2012 at 4:44 AM

    Call the cops.

  • minnesotamommie
    July 31, 2012 at 4:53 AM
    Yes call the cops, just because it's income based does not give them the right to treat their neighbors like crap call the non emergency line and report noise disturbance
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    July 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    The police won't come believe it or not they suck here there has been 16 murders this year alone and they are all cold cases the police are too busy
  • mom2gr8tgirls
    July 31, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    Have you tried calling the police? I know you say they won't come, but do you know for a fact they won't come (you've called and been told they won't come)? I'd call every night, screw it. Eventually they will come. That's your only hope. Or move. I definitely don't recommend going out and trying to diffuse the fights.
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    July 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    My plan is to look into a different living situation after I go to the office security is supposed to be out here andvthey aren't it sucks
  • mishlerdr24
    July 31, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    You could call the cops and tell the fight sounds pretty bad and you and your daughter are afraid something physical is going to happen or maybe it already happen. You're techinally not lying but it's worth a shot to get the police's attention. I think if you say something about having a kid in the house they should respond. You could talk to your landlord and see if there's another apartment you could move into, he could talk to those people saying he's getting complaints and if he gets more they'll be asked to leave...i would start there before you start to look for another apartment
  • lillucky8
    July 31, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    I agree with calling the police, also is there maybe another apartment available? You could always call management and ask
  • LogansMommy0328
    July 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    Do u have any friends you can stay with? Family?
  • goddess99
    July 31, 2012 at 10:40 AM

    This! I wouldn't even hesitate.

    Quoting MistressMinerva:

    Call the cops.

  • Jean8282
    July 31, 2012 at 10:56 AM

    Do you by any chance live in Pittsburg Kansas? Lol because I am in the same situation as you. I just try to ignore it and if they are really bothering you, go to your back room and call the cops.

Mom to Mom

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts