jltplk25
potty training miss independent
July 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Lexi is in full on potty training mode and just in time- we ran out of money and diapers! Lol. She's doing awesome with going and has even started telling she needs to pee. Only thing is she HAS to turn the light on/off by herself, pull her own underwear down, and wipe herself. I'm not necessarily complaining, I think its cute in a way.

Any advice on training a girl? Landon was 3 and took to it in less than a month...he was completely trained in 2 months. He associated peeing as watering "snakes" and pooping was making the "snakes". Lol. Lex isn't anything like that and makes no indication that she's even about to poop.

Replies

• DixieFlower
    July 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Not a clue but hope it all goes well :)

• splatz
    by splatz
    July 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    I'm interested to hear the replies. K is telling us when she is wet or dirty or takes off her diaper and pees like 3 seconds later. Now just to get a bit more notice and to get her to stop hating the potty! lol
  • jltplk25
    July 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    Lexi started wanting to use the potty at a Wendy's of all places back in may. We were on our way back from visiting my mom and I took Landon to the bathroom. I tried to change her diaper but she threw a fit until I put her on the toilet. Lol. She's been doing it off and on ever since.

Quoting splatz:

I'm interested to hear the replies. K is telling us when she is wet or dirty or takes off her diaper and pees like 3 seconds later. Now just to get a bit more notice and to get her to stop hating the potty! lol
  • SlapItHigh
    July 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Sorry, I've only had boys so I have no experience there.  Good luck!

• jltplk25
    July 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    Thanks! I need all the luck I can get! Lol

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Sorry, I've only had boys so I have no experience there.  Good luck!

• mom2gr8tgirls
    July 30, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    There is no special tricks for a girl. I've potty-trained two of them. It's pretty much training a boy, without the standing/aiming thing...lol. Go Lexi!
  • jltplk25
    July 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM
    Awesome. Lol. Was it just a matter of time that they caught on pooping in the toilet? Lex is good at telling me AFTER she already did it. >.<

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

There is no special tricks for a girl. I've potty-trained two of them. It's pretty much training a boy, without the standing/aiming thing...lol. Go Lexi!
  • mom2gr8tgirls
    July 31, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    Aubrey always had constipation problems but the second we started potty-training she put an end to that, I actually had a harder time getting her to pee in the toilet!

Gracey was the typical "scared to poop in a toilet" kid. Eventually, we got her to go and everything was great afterwards. She took some time though. She would hold it in til she got a diaper on for bedtime and then go...ugh. Eventually she went on the toilet and we made it a crazy huge deal.

Quoting jltplk25:

Awesome. Lol. Was it just a matter of time that they caught on pooping in the toilet? Lex is good at telling me AFTER she already did it. >.<

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls: