Featured Posts
aslusher77
Swim team?
July 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Any moms out there have their kids on a swim team?
My son is interested in getting on one.
Where do you even start? Like the YMCA?
Thanks

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    July 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

We have one with our neighborhood pool.  Another place to check would be community pools and local military bases, if you have one.

• mewebb82
    July 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I wish. I was on swim teams all through my childhood and highschool. My kids aren't into it though. Start with community pools. They probably have a team or can at least direct you to another pool close by that has a team. That's how I started out and how I found a team for my son the 1 summer he was on a swim team. Many community pool teams are summer only though (when the pool is open for the season), so you may have to wait until next summer.

• mom2gr8tgirls
    July 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    Our town has one during the summer at the pool and then the YMCA does a swim team year round.
  • delanna6two
    July 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Not sure about the team...but I think the Y always gives swim lessons.

• aslusher77
    July 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    Thanks all :) i will look into places around my town
  • goddess99
    July 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I would say YMCA.

• KyliesMom5
    July 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM

My daughter was on the swim team at our local pool. But we are looking to get involved with the SEVA swim team. I believe here they use a YMCA pool to practice but it is not actually throught the Y. You might check out the Seva site I am not sure if they have it in other areas or if it just in Virginia but it might be able to lead you in the right direction at least.

• MistressMinerva
    July 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I would try the YMCA

• mamaBerg85
    January 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    Try the Y
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts