Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
How do you maintain beautiful skin?
July 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Busy moms know maintaining beautiful skin can be difficult but it doesn't have to be. We gave 200 CafeMom members one free package of Dove Beauty Bars and asked them to try it with their family. With the pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers in Dove Beauty Bars, skin is left clean, soft and smooth compared to soap which can leave skin feeling dry and tight.

Tell us about your skin regimen. How do you maintain beautiful skin?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• Stephanie3804
    August 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I've been blessed with pretty good skin. I never really had pimples as a teenager. Every once in a blue moon, I'll get a pimple due to hormones. I usually use St. Ives apricot scrub on my face to help clean out my pores and such.

• Caitlinsmom09
    August 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I just got my package! I'll update tomorrow :)

• jbyrd898
    August 11, 2012 at 6:31 AM

I received my Dove Beauty Bars from Dove and Cafemom earlier this week, and have had the opportunity to use them a few times. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first, on my face I normally use a cleanser with toner (from where I work), and on my body I usually use something from a local soap shop (one that uses all natural ingredients). I dont like a lot of things becuase of the way it makes my skin feel, really tight. Anyway, I did use this and they smell good. I was a little nervous about putting it on my face, but it didnt turn out really tight, and it felt moisturized. On my body, the same thing. Honestly, I like my toner moisturizer for my face because I believe it helps me reduce the pore size on my face, but in the future I could see myself switching to this for my body. It smelled good, didnt tighten my skin. Overally good experience on both accounts I just like my face wash better.

• MissouriMom3
    August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I just received my invitation and survey to join the group and I am happy to be here among all of you, I am due to get my Dove soap sometime next week, but even before joining the group and being accepted as a member here, I used Dove soap, and I love it, I think I have tried all of many varieties of it, I love the soap and love the way it smells and makes my skin feel so clean, so soft and truly moisturized. I don't wear a lot of make up,  in fact none at all really and I try to drink a lot of water, which in the last few months has not been a problem at all here in Missouri due to the extremely hot and dry summer we have had here, I think eating right also helps and  using the Dove soap really helps, I even remember when there were only two colors of Dove, the white bar and the pink bar and I have some of those here and use them both, In fact my two daughters here at home use it as well. I also remember the Dove dishwashing liquid , it was so mild for your hands and good for the dishes too. Dove plays a big part in my clean and moisturized skin regimen here at home. I love it.

• Butterfly31607
    August 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I love Dove Soap. It is so soft on my skin. The smell is not too overbearing compared to other soaps. My husband likes it also. He doesn't like the smell of fragrances or perfumes and he said Dove is perfect. Thanks again!

• glam.fairy
    August 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I received my Dove beauty bars yesterday and started using them imediately. I was so excited to try them out because I was using this cheap bar soap from the dollar store. They are amazing! First I just love the way they smell. So clean! I tried them on my face and it worked to take off all my makeup without making my face feel tight, like I needed to pile on a ton of lotion. I also used them as a substitute for shaving cream which worked really well. I hate using regular soap to shave but these would be a nice alternative to shaving cream. My husband tried them out too. He said we should buy them all the time! Thank you so much for this opportunity.

• MissouriMom3
    August 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I also wanted to say thanks to the Cafemom team for choosing me and I am anxiously awaiting my Dove soap, I also wanted to add an extra special note here especially to the ladies who have sensitive skin. Dove does make a bar soap especially for sensitive skin, it's unscented and you can find it in most grocery stores and mass merhandisers like Target, Kmart, Walmart. etc.  

• smbcwr04
    August 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Thank you Cafemom and Dove for the opportunity to try the dove bars. they came pretty quickly in the mail and i have used them several times. Let me start by saying i am normally a shower gel kind of girl. But having said that i have found my skin to be super soft and moisturized after using the dove bars. The scent is amazing. it's not too strong or soapy. my fiance tried it as well and loved it. it will definately be something we will buy and continue to use in the future.

• catrig
    by catrig
    August 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I received a package of it from the Cafemom influencer program.  It's magic.  It cleans and moisturizes my problematic skin.  My husband, daughter, and son have used it as well.  I've noticed improvements in every one's skin.  My husband has an easier time getting the work gunk off.  My daughter and son both have softer skin.  My skin is softer and less prone to break out.   

I've really enjoyed using this soap.  The only downside was that I found it to have a slightly strong smell, but I am sensitive to smells sometimes.  I don't foresee that being a problem for most people.

Thank you Cafemom and Dove for allowing me to try this wonderful product.  I would recommend it to everyone.

• boshs1andonly
    August 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I just used my dove bars and I really like it. I love the scent, it smells good but isn't too strong. The other scented soaps I used before smelled too sweet. I also like the way it feels on my skin, I will be adding this to my regular routine and hoping I'll see a difference in my skin soon. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts