Featured Posts
SarahLena
How You've Helped me Actually Slow Down (THANK YOU!)
April 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM

When I was asked to begin a series that focused on "Relaxing on the Weekends", I never ever imagined that it would cause me to .. relax on the weekends. It also made me realize that we, as a family, are pretty darn cool, diverse, and .. relaxed. Could I mention the word "relax" again? Oh, I bet I could .. if I don't RELAX.

Seriously, I was reading back through my stuff, and it kind of made me love my family that much more. Which is never a bad thing. (It is also why I blog - I have a memory made of swiss cheese and if I don't write it down? May as well have never happened.)

In Learning to Juggle and Dropping the Ball, I shared my favorite piece of wisdom with y'all: learning which balls are okay to drop. ("Catch the eggs. Drop the balls.") This is a CONSTANT way for me to think when things get crazy; whenever something falls through the cracks, I take a minute and a deep breath to consider Ball or egg?

My husband was plain ole tickled about Family-Friendly and Low-Cost? YES PLEASE, because we still have our children pretty heavily involved in the theatre. Bryan just recently helped a local high school with their production of To Kill a Mockingbird and yet again, we were reminded how crucial the life skills are that theatre provides.

I was honestly surprised by the reaction to Conquering the Mommy Guilt & Losing the Stuff; I was amazed at how I was in the minority when it comes to Mommy Guilt. That made me ecstatic! I know that I'm often crippled by the guilt that I should be focusing on the kids, but I have to imagine that NOT having that guilt would probably make me a better mom. Probably.

I kind of have an update to Enjoy the Weekend by Nailing Down the Weeknights, because I recently subscribed to a weekly meal-plan service. I still employ the weekly shopping trip and the menu postsing (mostly because I hate the dreaded "What's for dinner?" question), but it has made my life SO MUCH EASIER.

Y'all had SO MANY GREAT IDEAS for Cabin Fever and the Little Ones! While I hope to not have to use any of them for a looooooooong while ::feverishly knocks on any and all wood within reach::, I loved reading how you keep your kids happy and content while everyone has The Crud.

Guess what? Since I wrote Let's Get Physical, my family has ASKED to sign up for more 5K races! I am beyond stoked about this. We can't wait to all train together now that the weather is warmer. (And I mean warmer - we hit 85 degrees yesterday! IN APRIL!)

Growing Into a Big Boy Room Over the Course of a Weekend helped me realize that we are not going to kill eachother over the installation of bamboo flooring.  It seems like a lot of y'all have done this and NOT gone homicidal on your significant other, so the odds are in our favor! (.. we still have not installed said flooring.)

Oh, man. Y'all are ALL feeling my pain on Capturing the Elusive Date Night. None of us have enough time without children attached to us! And we all need it! I think this is a crisis on par with the national debt. Seriously. (.. okay, not seriously.) But admittedly, there are times (LIKE RIGHT NOW) that it certainly FEELS that important.

All in all, I want to thank everyone for gathering with me here. It was truly fun! And I hope you guys enjoy your weekends as much as we do!

Replies

• Rushn311
    May 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM

So glad you are enjoying relaxing weekends. One day is always busy for us but then we relax one day usually just staying at home. We might do some things in the house but always find a time to relax too.

• amy7243
    by amy7243
    May 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Were done with relaxing weekends both boys are in baseball this year....ugh.

• jessicasmom1
    May 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM

wonderful you found your own time to calm down .. or slow down. 

• Madelaine
    May 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Great article!

• ceciliam
    May 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM

YAY! good

• KaylaMillar
    May 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

sounds like my type of weekend! =)

• slw123
    by slw123
    May 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

We had a great weekend here!  Sunday was a whole day of relaxation starting with the beach and ending with movies on the couch with the kids.

• LOswald0314
    May 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM

That's great!

• mamivon2
    May 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Glad you enjoying your weekends.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    May 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

How wonderful! And thank you for the review and the memories.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts