Featured Posts
IWannaLoveAgain
Do you PDA?
April 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

"you're a little but pervy in public.."

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

Replies

• mrssmitley1210
    April 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Ill kiss my husband or hold his hand in public but I dont have like make out sessions in public.

• lovemyfriend
    April 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Quoting Hesmynavyman:

Personally  I think it's okay if a married couple kissed  or hugs or even cuddles but that's all! No more then that should be shown since it's between 2 people who are in love. 

Why does it matter if they are married or not?

• krayzbabylove
    April 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I like PDA, my dh doesnt.

• Babybear89
    April 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

i am not big on pda. 

• mrsnoble2004
    April 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I've been married to dh 8 years and we still do it.

• Crazy-Steph
    April 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It depends on where we are and what your definition of PDA is.  We are ALWAYS holding hands in public.  If we are waiting in line for something, I will usually stand in front of him and lean back on him.

Then, there are times (concerts, bars, etc.) that we might get a little more...ambitious, with a butt grab here, or some smooching, etc.  

It's all about time and place.

BTW - my husband thinks a "little bit pervy" is good.  LOL  It keeps things interesting!

• Hesmynavyman
    April 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Quoting lovemyfriend:

Because in the Bible you should be married that's what it says before doing anything else! We live and Learn! :) 

Quoting Hesmynavyman:

Personally  I think it's okay if a married couple kissed  or hugs or even cuddles but that's all! No more then that should be shown since it's between 2 people who are in love. 

Why does it matter if they are married or not?

• Proud_Muslimah
    April 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Holding hands, hugging, a short smack kiss that's about it, nothing sexual. Out of respect for others and our own kids.

• KhaysJadie
    April 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I think it probably just has to do with the thought of someone possibly seeing that makes him uncomfortable. Especially if your kids were with you. He might not feel comfortable with "pervy" in public. Might just ask him if it makes him uncomfortable or not.

My hubs wasn't big on PDA for years, outside of holding hands. He didn't even want to kiss on the lips in public. It was okay though, we're not the most "touchy" people in public anyway. In the house we try to make an effort to show the kids that it's okay to show affection via touch to your spouse. A cuddle, a soft touch on the arm, hugs, a kiss (without tounge). That's just us.

That isn't to say that we don't get a little "grabby" in certain situations. We're just really conscious of who's around us.

• gypsy_rose
    April 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

LOL me and DH love PDA. My mom used to walk around with her hand in dads back pocket.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts