Featured Posts
IWannaLoveAgain
Do you PDA?
April 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

"you're a little but pervy in public.."

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

Replies

• Acid
    by Acid
    April 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM

We've never been huge on it.

I'll grab his hand or give him a little kiss.  But, I don't crawl all over him.

• Acid
    by Acid
    April 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Well, it's a damn good thing the bible is fiction then isn't it?

Quoting Hesmynavyman:

Quoting lovemyfriend:

Because in the Bible you should be married that's what it says before doing anything else! We live and Learn! :) 

Quoting Hesmynavyman:

Personally  I think it's okay if a married couple kissed  or hugs or even cuddles but that's all! No more then that should be shown since it's between 2 people who are in love. 

Why does it matter if they are married or not?

• SalemWitchChild
    April 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We kiss once in awhile and hold hands. But there's such a thing as too much PDA. And if the other person isn't comfortable with it you just have to respect their boundries.

Some people go way overboard with PDA and that's when it becomes a problem. (Not saying you went overboard btw. Just saying some people need to dial it down a notch. )

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    April 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM

We never use any kind of PDA ever.

• Gaily.Daily
    April 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM

It doesn't seem like you do it constantly. Some secret touching like you described I think is hot!!! I would not second guess myself at all. I hope he rethinks his reaction. 

• Rose87
    by Rose87
    April 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Dh and I refrain from PDA as much as possible but of course there are the occasions where we will hug, kiss, hold hands and pinch each other's butt. But we prefer to keep that type of stuff between us for behind closed doors for most occasions.

• kayleesmom42328
    April 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Some guys aren't into a lot of pda. My dh didn't mind it much when we first started dating, but now that we've been together almost 4yr & are married he's not big on it. An occassional kiss or pat on the butt is fine, but not all the time. I think some guys just feel it not neccessary or immature after a while. Some guys just aren't comfortable with it.

• megs2boys
    April 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I do it to! I will do a secret grab when no one is watching, but I will hold his hand, give him a hug or a kiss no matter where we are or who sees. He is my hubby, I shouldnt only be allowed to kiss him in the privacy of my home!

• MamaStuart
    April 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I don't mind kissing and hand holding or even hands in each others back pockets but I hate when I'm out with kids and there's a couple trying to eat each others faces off and you can't fit a piece of paper between them.

That said, I don't think you did anything too out there or inappropriate. He might just feel uncomfortable doing that in public or in front of your kiddos.

• sandy_cheeks
    April 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Am I weird?

No you're not weird. Every couple has their own ways of showing affection. My fiance and I will hold hands and sometimes kiss in public. Nothing too dirty or provocative.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN