Featured Posts
Angblake76
What's your thoughts on this...
December 7, 2011 at 3:39 AM
I recently got engaged to a great guy(Shawn). I've know him since I was 13. We dated in high school then went seperate ways. I married an idiot...but I did get the best part of him 2 daughters. Lol. We divorced & Shawn has moved back here for me. I adore him, he's so good to me & my girls. One thing really bothers me. He has no kids of his own & I can't have anymore. He swears it doesn't bother him & he considers my girls our girls. He's better to them then their DNA dad. I can't help it but it bothers me he will never have a child of his own. He says that the day I had my tubes tied (then a hysterectomy) he knew he'd never have kids because he never stopped loving me& I was the only one he would ever wanted kids with(we have a huge history so I know he's being truthful). But still it bothers me. He's an only child. I love his parents they are better to me then my own. But part of me is afraid he'll have regrets one day. I had a realty bad marriage & it's taking a long time for me to accept a man can be good to you.
Would it bother you that he doesn't have a child of his own knowing you can't give him one? When we talk about he threatens to have a vasectomy to prove his point.

Replies

• nakoal87
    December 7, 2011 at 6:23 AM

No. I don't see where you are coming from on this one. I was engaged 3 times and just cause they didn't have kids didn't mean that I wanted to give them any either. Your case? You do but I dunno, I just don't get it.

• nana9106
    December 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    If he says it's not a problem, and he loves you, then you should believe him. If he decides that he wants a child with you y'all can always adopt.
  • Amykay78
    December 7, 2011 at 7:29 AM

I agree with her. Another option would be finding a surrogate if it became a problem.

Quoting nana9106:

If he says it's not a problem, and he loves you, then you should believe him. If he decides that he wants a child with you y'all can always adopt.

• coolbreeze0717
    December 7, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    Let it go & enjoy what you've got.
  • Luv.My.Kidz
    December 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I'm going through the same thing as you! My fiance doesn't have kids and I may have to have a hyster and he says the same as yours does. It still bothers though. 

He says he wouldn't regret, but I'm worried he'll leave so he can have a baby.

• momofsixangels
    December 7, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I understand but he says it doesnt bother him.I would just be happy and enjoy life.

• delanna6two
    December 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting nana9106:

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting coolbreeze0717:

Let it go & enjoy what you've got.

• goddess99
    December 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Nope doesn't bother me. I have 1 dd and can not have more. I met my dh 3-4 years after having my dd. He knew and he didn't have any kids. He didn't care and always said that. I believe him. So we got married a couple years later. I hope you're not looking for an excuse to not be with him. Because this isn't worth that.

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    SO always said he wanted 2 of his own.
    He treats DS like his own and says he's happy with my ds and our dd. I'm not sure if I really want another or not.

But, I do wonder if he really does want another that is biologically his. He says he is happy with our 2. But, I just don't know.. He was adopted, so I feel like having biological family is really important to him. :/
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN