Featured Posts
heidi_r_77
Im a Cosmetologist.....Any questions for me?
October 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM

i just moved to a new state and am really missing my job......i was at my last salon for over two years and ive been without a job for FOUR DAYS NOW!!!!  I'm going crazy !!!

Replies

• Mom82420
    October 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM

What's the best over the counter facial care products in your opinion.

• heidi_r_77
    October 5, 2011 at 11:07 AM

that depends solely on your skin....what youre allergic to....how your skin reacts to each part of the facial....i would rather use natural products than what has been manufactured. no, i'm not a 'naturalist' by any means ! here are some 'out of your own cabinet' recipes for facials:

facial scrub : sugar and your own lotion- mix in equal proprtions and lightly rub around your face. you will not only smooth away dry skin but you will also hydrate your skin. I use Ponds

Pore-Reducer: honey.......let sit on your face for five minutes...OR lemon juice (just keep it out of your eyes)

eggs (Whites) for oily skin:let sit until dry

eggs (yolks) for dry skin:let sit until dry

but if you are looking for something manufactured, go with Bio-Elements

• LindaClement
    October 5, 2011 at 11:36 AM

How heavy is Jupiter?

Ha ha... um... what do you think of makeup primers?

• goddess99
    October 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Do you make house calls? =)

• goddess99
    October 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Great info!  Thank you

Quoting heidi_r_77:

that depends solely on your skin....what youre allergic to....how your skin reacts to each part of the facial....i would rather use natural products than what has been manufactured. no, i'm not a 'naturalist' by any means ! here are some 'out of your own cabinet' recipes for facials:

facial scrub : sugar and your own lotion- mix in equal proprtions and lightly rub around your face. you will not only smooth away dry skin but you will also hydrate your skin. I use Ponds

Pore-Reducer: honey.......let sit on your face for five minutes...OR lemon juice (just keep it out of your eyes)

eggs (Whites) for oily skin:let sit until dry

eggs (yolks) for dry skin:let sit until dry

but if you are looking for something manufactured, go with Bio-Elements

• armywife1229
    October 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Have you ever used Arbonne Cosmetics?

• armywife1229
    October 5, 2011 at 1:02 PM

And, do you like to use a primer?

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    October 5, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I have very pale skin and can't tan bc I burn! Any suggestions?

• heidi_r_77
    October 5, 2011 at 3:19 PM

no, i've never used Arbonne.....not sure what it is or who its made by....i use a mixture of products :Joico, maybelling and cover girl...., i dont use a primer.....i like  look 'natural'. 

although i do use concealers.....if you have red patches (some people do) find a concealer that has a hint of green. i know, sounds funny but the green will neutralize the red. for dark circles under your eyes, match it to the inside of your wrist with a little more of a yellow tint to it to help brighten.

testing products can be a little expensive but once you find what works for you it's easy to camouflage trouble spots

• heidi_r_77
    October 5, 2011 at 3:21 PM

you can use all the best 'tanners' out there, but because of the amount of melanin (or lack thereof) in your skin, you won't tan.....just burn.....there's nothing you can do about it-unfortunately ! you can thank your family for that ! LOL ! spray tans are great! they look natural as long as they are done by a professional. Have fun !

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts