Featured Posts
carolina_gal
Should schools teach sex education or abstinence?
September 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Thoughts?

popcorn

Replies

• jltplk25
    September 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    I'm on the fence. On one hand, sex Ed should be taught as some parents ignore that talk all together. However some parents would rather do it themselves. Perhaps a good solution would be to offer it to those who want it?
  • goddess99
    September 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Sex education

kids are going to do it no matter what parents say so they may as well be educated.

• jltplk25
    September 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    Yeah I didn't read that right. Sorry!! I'm for sex Ed. And add my reply in the top to that. Lol
  • luvmy3b0yz
    September 27, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Quoting goddess99:

Sex education

kids are going to do it no matter what parents say so they may as well be educated.

That is so true!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents don't know half things i did!

• monkeymamma72
    September 27, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Both.  I think they should teach that abstinence is best, but some are gonna do it anyway, so teach them that IF they do, be safe.

• toomanypoodles
    September 28, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Quoting goddess99:

Sex education

I don't agree with that.  No, not all kids are going to "do it" regardless.  My girls have been properly taught at home, both sex education and abstinence.  They are choosing to remain chaste until they are married. 

• abmaddox1981
    September 28, 2011 at 4:27 AM
    Teach both. Educate them about safe sex and the results of unsafe sex and stress abstinence.
  • USAFamily
    September 28, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I think they should teach sex education AND abstinence. Too many parents don't talk about sex, so at least kids can have some kind of info-- and I think it's important for kids to understand the only 100% effective way not to get pregnant or an std is to not have sex. It may not be realistic for all kids to expect them not to have sex, but you may get through to one.

• LovelyLauren55
    September 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM

IMO, NO I think thats the parents job! All I want my kids teachers to do is to teach them reading writing social studies and science, beyond that DO NOT TALK TO MY KIDS! 

• splatz
    by splatz
    September 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    I agree.

Quoting USAFamily:

I think they should teach sex education AND abstinence. Too many parents don't talk about sex, so at least kids can have some kind of info-- and I think it's important for kids to understand the only 100% effective way not to get pregnant or an std is to not have sex. It may not be realistic for all kids to expect them not to have sex, but you may get through to one.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts