Featured Posts
jltplk25
Tips & Tricks: Stains
September 23, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Share your tips and tricks on how to remove stains or what product you use that works the best in your opinion.

Replies

• jltplk25
    September 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I try to treat them right away. So far the best product I have found is the OxiClean stick gel. The Shout Gel in the blue bottle works pretty good too.

• goddess99
    September 23, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I've used all sorts of stuff.  stain sticks, oxyclean spray, shout spray, baking soda, dawn dish soap, dial soap, ... I soak clothes that have a tough stain. Most of the stuff has worked for me.

• jltplk25
    September 23, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I did just read that a lady uses a bar of Ivory soap for all her stains except for a few. I'd never heard of that but I have used hand soap before on a blood stain. Worked pretty good for me.

• twinners.mama
    September 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    I used windex and carpet cleaner to get hot pink nail polish out of my white carpet
  • mrsnoble2004
    September 23, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Peroxide on blood stains. Vinegar/baking soda paste on ink stains. Soft scrub kitchen cleaner on permanent marker on the wall. Spray and wash spot treat the carpet if it's need before shampooing. Goop hand cleaner works good for that too.

• goddess99
    September 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM

ivory bar soap is the main ingredient in the laundry soap I make.

Quoting jltplk25:

I did just read that a lady uses a bar of Ivory soap for all her stains except for a few. I'd never heard of that but I have used hand soap before on a blood stain. Worked pretty good for me.

• Stevied13
    September 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM

i make my own laundry soap, for the most part it does pretty good. i also do use Tide stain release/ lifter, if the clothes are really stained my friend says she lets the clothes sit over night in the Tide stain release. and spray n wash to spray on a stain (not as often anymore since i use the tide.)

• Stevied13
    September 23, 2011 at 3:57 PM

my DH grandmother uses resolve carpet cleaner in her wash and her clothes are always so bright and fresh looking.

• goddess99
    September 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM

interesting

Quoting Stevied13:

my DH grandmother uses resolve carpet cleaner in her wash and her clothes are always so bright and fresh looking.

• Meltopia529
    September 23, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I love oxy clean! They even have a baby formula one!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN