Featured Posts
VintageWife
Septic
September 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Ugh...we just bought our house this year and are having trouble with the septic. Well, we think it's something going on with the septic. The water is running to the overflow instead of the outside pipe. However, it can't be full cause it was pumped right before we bought it. Like they had it done as part of the house purchase. Any ideas? A couple of people have suggested there may be roots growing into it :/

Replies

• MistressMinerva
    September 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Here is a bump for you as I have no clue.

• goddess99
    September 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I've had roots growing in my pipes, it sucks. It would back up into the basement. I've done everything, bleach the lines and leave the house for 24 hours, had more than I can count drain guys over to snake the drains. Had new line put in $$$$$$ ugh. You name it.

Good Luck. I would call a couple septic companies that do free estimates and just see what they say.

• splatz
    by splatz
    September 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    Roots will definitely miss it up.
    GL mama!
  • USAFamily
    September 3, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I was thinking roots as soon as I opened this-- and it is a quick fix usually. Rotorooter can get it taken care of and it's not *too* expensive!

sorry hun!

• VintageWife
    September 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Okay, my brother came over and they got it all figured out. They drained all the backed up water out and then ran an auger through and cleared the line and things are working great. LOL...easy fix, but took hours to do.

Thanks so much ladies :)

• buella
    by buella
    September 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM

sorry no idea.. BUMP

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email