Featured Posts
USAFamily
Sleepovers/Bday party (little girls)
August 19, 2011 at 3:18 PM

My dd turns 6 the end of next month and she wants to have a slumber party. A) She's never had a sleepover and B) neither has at least one of the kids coming. I think it's going to be great, and I know the kids really well, so I am not too concerned.

But, does anyone have some tips, advice or suggestions for me (as this is the first slumber party I have thrown!)

So far I am planning on having no more than 4 guests (that means 6 little kids including my own). I want to take them to see the Lion King while it's out, and then come home and do 'make overs' (dress up, paint toe nails, and I'll do their hair') and play the wii. I think we will decorate cup cakes too.

Any ideas, and stuff you have done would be awesome!!

Replies

• mrsnoble2004
    August 19, 2011 at 5:00 PM

6 kids and wii might not work, how many players do your games take? We did play-doh when we tried having a sleep over. I would avoid too much sugar so no one gets a tummy ache. Make sure you have everyone's contact information in case they decide they aren't ready to have a sleep over. If anyone does leave make sure your dd understands it's not her fault, and that the other girl just wasn't ready to stay away from home yet.

• paganbaby
    August 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Bump!

• paganbaby
    August 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Good advice :-)

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

6 kids and wii might not work, how many players do your games take? We did play-doh when we tried having a sleep over. I would avoid too much sugar so no one gets a tummy ache. Make sure you have everyone's contact information in case they decide they aren't ready to have a sleep over. If anyone does leave make sure your dd understands it's not her fault, and that the other girl just wasn't ready to stay away from home yet.

• USAFamily
    August 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

We have a wii dance game,  mario Kart, and a sports game that have multiple players (some up to 4 I think?)

The kids we are inviting I know very well and am good friends with the mom, so I have the contact info. But I am putting together a game plan if kids get freaked and want to go home :)

• bramamber
    August 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    No clue. Good luck.
  • babowes
    by babowes
    August 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    I saw no sleepover...but have them come over do all he above you suggessted and then have them do pjs and popcorn if you want then send them home.
  • goddess99
    August 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I think what you have planned sounds like fun. Good luck, you'll have to let us know how it went.

• splatz
    by splatz
    August 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    How fun! No sleepover experience our way yet. Good luck.
  • armywife1229
    August 20, 2011 at 12:49 PM

That sounds like a great party!

I would try to do low-sugar or healthy snacks and drinks so you don't have them bouncing off the walls all night. Oh, and maybe have the invitation include their favorite stuffed animal so they are definitely comfortable staying there.

• USAFamily
    August 20, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Quoting armywife1229:

That sounds like a great party!

I would try to do low-sugar or healthy snacks and drinks so you don't have them bouncing off the walls all night. Oh, and maybe have the invitation include their favorite stuffed animal so they are definitely comfortable staying there.

Good ideas! I really like the stuffed animal one! :)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN