Featured Posts
Miss.Lena.1
Should i go to the wedding?
August 19, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Ive been best friends with this girl since we were 5 she moved from Austin to Murfreesboro Tennessee. she's been there for about 9 years maybe I'm not sure. Anyway we were really close for a long time but then she got a bunch of new friends and stopped calling me and stuff. We would talk literally once every few months and we used to talk every single day. She got a new bf named Andrew and then it's like all of a sudden we went from talking every few months to not at all. I went up there for thanksgiving because her family had been inviting mine for a few years now. When i got there it was as if i didn't exist. She invited her bf over and then we barely talked for a whole week. He was always there and they would leave and i would be stuck at home with her parents. I didn't like being the third wheel so i wouldn't go cuz the one time i did I was left out of everything. When they broke up we were close again for like a week.
My point is i haven't felt like she cared about me that much since she moved up there. Its always been about her i cnt remember the last time she asked me about me or asked how i was doing or about anything in my life yet i feel like im always the one trying to keep the relationship going but im tired of feeling like im doing everything i can for her and me to stay friends but i don't get it back. Like i feel like no matter what i do its unimportant to her. I know she cares about me cuz shes not the type of person to just stop caring sly together but i feel like she doesn't even have time for me anymore and ow shes getting married to this kid and idk if i even want to go to the wedding. Number one i don't have the money, 2 i don't wanna be third wheel again like last time when i went up there, 3 it seems like a waste of my time. I know we've known each other since kinder but am i wrong if i don't go?

Replies

• Miss-B
    by Miss-B
    August 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Maybe you should talk to her about it and let her know how you feel. I wouldn't go if I didn't have the money and if I felt like I will be nonexistent.

• splatz
    by splatz
    August 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    Personally, I wouldn't go. It sounds like you are going to be feeling upset and hurt the whole time. And I doubt you guys would be getting much time to hang out.
    If you guys aren't close anymore it just doesn't seem worth the time or effort.
  • Miss.Lena.1
    August 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    Quoting splatz:

Personally, I wouldn't go. It sounds like you are going to be feeling upset and hurt the whole time. And I doubt you guys would be getting much time to hang out.
    If you guys aren't close anymore it just doesn't seem worth the time or effort.

Exacty how i feel. I just don't think its worth me feeling non existent
  • armywife1229
    August 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Would you want her to come to your wedding? Sometimes it just means so much to them when you go. If you can't afford it, thats one thing. But if you want to go, you can make it work.

• periwinkle163
    August 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I would send my regrets with a nice gift.

• babowes
    by babowes
    August 19, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    Righ but th shoe on the other foot.

Quoting armywife1229:

Would you want her to come to your wedding? Sometimes it just means so much to them when you go. If you can't afford it, thats one thing. But if you want to go, you can make it work.

• LOswald0314
    August 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    I agree.

Quoting Miss-B:

Maybe you should talk to her about it and let her know how you feel. I wouldn't go if I didn't have the money and if I felt like I will be nonexistent.

• naominpipermom
    August 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    Me too

Quoting LOswald0314:

I agree.

Quoting Miss-B:

• goddess99
    August 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I know how you feel. When friends move away things just change. I guess I would ask myself, would I regret it if I don't go?

• thenguyenclan
    August 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Quoting armywife1229:

i agree with this...and i also agree with talking to her about how you feel 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts