Featured Posts
mom2b116
she only eats bananas ...advice?
August 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM

my little girl is 8 months old , when we first started baby food she would eat  pretty much any of it ,

now  if i give her anything but bananas she spits it out and wont take another bite.

once n awhile i can mix baby rice with juice and she will eat a little but not much .

she gets formula also but she needs to eat other things right?

as a first time mom  im clueless .  what should i try ?

any advice ?

Replies

• lovinangels
    August 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM

at 8 months old she really doesn't NEED much more than formula or breast milk. Just keep offering a variety of foods after you've checked for allergies. My kids NEVER ate baby food at all. 

Worrying about your child's food intake is probably the most common worry. Don't let it make you crazy. 

• splatz
    by splatz
    August 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    That was about the time my 10 month old started refusing most baby food. She only wanted to feed herself. Which I would say is pretty normal at that age.

Have you started table food yet?
    Maybe give her fruit/veggies in a mesh feeder? That way she can feed herself and you don't have to worry about her choking.
  • mom2b116
    August 18, 2011 at 12:51 PM

thanks ladies .. i just wanted to make sure that she didnt HAVE  to have other things to stay healthy

i will try leting her feed herself and see how it goes

• HeartCharmMama
    August 18, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I like the other advices. Also, if you're adament with her trying new things, maybe mash up other fruits or cereal with the bananas and go from there.

• midnight_storm
    August 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    I agree with the above tips. Right now, solids is more for getting used to tastes, textures, as well as the concept of eating food. Also it's not uncommon for kids to go through stages of only wanting one thing to eat, at any age range.
  • jltplk25
    August 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Like pp have stated, your DD doesn't need anything but formula or breastmilk until the first year. With that said, the only way my DD would eat solids was if I chopped/diced/smashed it and she could feed herself. She absolutely REFUSED to eat any and all baby foods because she couldn't feed herself. DD is now 13 months old and is still like that. Lol. Just keep introducing foods, Mama. It'll take a few times before she accepts it.

• usmclife58
    August 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM

She actually does not need anything but formula at her age. If all she wants is bananas, and it is not causing her problems, let her have them. I mean, I wouldn't give them to her 3 meals a day or anything, but I wouldn't force other things on her either.

• mrsnoble2004
    August 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Right now baby food doesn't really offer much in nutritional value anyway.

• luvhubandbabys
    August 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Dont worry,. My doc always said baby food was for practice really. He also told me at this age as long as she is eating she is fine. Later on when you give soft mushed table foods she can get more practice with other flavors. My First DD would  only eat squash carrots and sweet potatoes. LOL Now she wont touch them..

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts