mrsnoble2004
Do you give your children...
August 16, 2011 at 3:08 PM

a break after school? Or do you jump right into homework?

We do homework before fun after school. Any deviation and the next morning it's "Mom, I forgot to do my homework."

Replies

• MissLoveLyfe
    August 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM

They can have a 20 minute break, to have some juice and a snack but then right to do homework... And I'll check it.. and then the rest of the day free

• Leighanne29
    August 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Homework first!  They can snack while doing it, but we get homework outta the way and then on to the fun.  I will say that in the winter when the days are shorter, I'll sometimes let them put off their homework in order to maximize whatever daylight is left.

• Peanutx3
    August 16, 2011 at 4:20 PM

It really depends.  If hubby is home with the kids he will sometimes make sure the homework gets done before I get home.  If hubby is at work and kids are in daycare then I make sure it all gets done as soon as dinner is over.

• Love060708kids
    August 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Not there yet ;)  Next monday i'll let you know ;)

• USAFamily
    August 16, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I guess I will find out on Monday -but I think we will do Homework and snack together after school. Then play/rest.

• .JuneDiva629.
    August 16, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I let them have a after school snack and them we work on homework.

• splatz
    by splatz
    August 16, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    Homework first, not that he's had any yet.
  • Dani_Lynn
    August 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM

They will be going to after school care where they will get a break and get to play.  Then it's a 30 minute trip home.  So they'll be working on homework while I get supper ready.

• babowes
    by babowes
    August 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

we go to the park

then home for snack

them dinner and homework

• Woodbabe
    August 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM

30 minute snack break and nothing fun happens until after homework is done! If they want video game time after dinner you bet they'll get that homework done quickly.