Featured Posts
paganbaby
Stranger danger S/o What do I look like a child molester or something?
August 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I've been living in this neighborhood for a little over a year now. I don't know all my neighbors really well but I'm on a nodding acquaintance with most of them.

So I'm outside yesterday watching my kids play when a neighbor kid (About 8) rides down the street on a dirt bike. He rides his bike up and down the street a few times, my 6yo is drooling! lol. As he comes back around I walk up to the side walk and tell him that his bike is really cool. Then I asked how long he's had it. The poor kid froze! He just stood there with wide eyes then he gunned the engine and took off up the street to his house. He didn't come down again.

I felt bad so I walked up to his house to talk to his dad. I told him that I think I may have scared his son. I didn't mean to I was just asking about his bike. His dad just looked at me then said, "My boy knows not to talk to adults." I'm thinking, okay then...it's not like I'm a stranger. Hell my dd and his sister have played together a few times. I understand being cautious around adults but come on. It's not like I tried to grab him or invited him into my house. Seriously if this is how his dad is raising him, he's going to end up neurotic.

Replies

• usmclife58
    August 18, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I agree. My kids are taught not to talk to adults *unless* we are with them.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Well technically, you are a stranger. Just because you nod at one another once in a while doesn't mean they know you. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN