Love060708kids
What's your biggest challenge
August 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM

As a mom?  What have you encountered that you had to work through?  What has been easiest for you?

Replies

• mrsnoble2004
    August 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

As a mom my most recent challenge is trying to keep my patience while trying help my 12 year old learn how to handle pms. I used to have a hard time dealing with clean up when all three of my girls come down with the stomach flu but over the years I've managed to develop a stronger stomach than what I started out with. Easy for me seems to be the sleep deprivation that goes with being a parent.

• LOswald0314
    August 16, 2011 at 1:35 AM

My biggest challenge has been dealing with the guilt I'm constantly feeling! First it was because I had PPD, then because I felt like I wasn't stimlulating ds enough doing fun things everyday, then because my babies are close in age so I worry they're not getting enough one on one time....gah the mommy guilt never ends, lol!

• jltplk25
    August 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM

For me the challenge is remembering that my kids are just that- kids. They're not mini adults capable of reasoning or understanding on every single thing I say or do. The easiest thing has been letting go of doubts about my ability to care for another person. I never wanted children because I didn't think I would be a very good mom. While I do still have the occasional doubt, I wouldn't give up my babies for anything. They're the best thing in my life. :)

• splatz
    by splatz
    August 16, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    Hmmm.. Its probably balancing all my responsibilities. Which shouldn't be hard. I'm a SAHM. Now that school started I'm hoping to find a better routine that works for the kids. Some days I just feel like I get nothing accomplished that I want to.
  • WillsMOM72
    August 16, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    To have more patience.
  • LovelyLauren55
    August 16, 2011 at 9:30 AM

As a mom my biggest challenge is PATIENCE, but I am working on it! And I have gotten MUCH better :) 

• LindaClement
    August 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Keeping my mouth shut.

My commentary is not always welcome, and I don't need to talk about everything I know all the time. In fact, I joined a public speaking club to get better at recognizing when It's Not Linda's Turn to Talk.

• Love060708kids
    August 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I hear you there! I tend to do that a lot!

Quoting LindaClement:

Keeping my mouth shut.

My commentary is not always welcome, and I don't need to talk about everything I know all the time. In fact, I joined a public speaking club to get better at recognizing when It's Not Linda's Turn to Talk.

• Love060708kids

I'm with you, i've been working on my patience as well :)

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

As a mom my biggest challenge is PATIENCE, but I am working on it! And I have gotten MUCH better :) 

• Love060708kids

ditto

Quoting WillsMOM72:

To have more patience.