armywife1229
Food Shopping Meltdown
August 15, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Well, we had our first one today. EVER! (Now, get over the part where you hate me because I've only had one in 3 years and focus on me! Lol.)

Everything was normal until we hit the checkout line. Then Declan morphed into a monster. I'm still not sure what his problem was, but the tears and the screaming didn't end until about 30 minutes after we got home. He just melted down and screamed for about 15 minutes while I was checking out.

I would have laughed if it wasn't so annoying.

Thanks for listening ladies, I know you can understand!

Replies

• LindaClement
    August 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Betcha a dollar he was hungry or thirsty or both.

Sorry to hear about this... it's so embarrassing to have kids behaving like children in public. Poor mommy!

• othermom
    August 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Thats tough.

• armywife1229
    August 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I guess that is a possibility. He had breakfast before we left and milk in the car, but who knows with those toddler years.

• lovinangels
    August 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM

And this is why I don't bring my little ones grocery shopping. It's a zen fury of coupons, deals, and penny pinching, so I don't force them through it.

• LindaClement
    August 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Dh was very often at sea for months at a time, and the 'free' babysitting was rarely available. My kids came grocery shopping with me because it was that or leave them in the car...

My kids both got really good at grocery shopping, long before they were 10... mostly because the faster we got it done, the sooner they weren't doing it anymore. They can strip a grocery for all the necessities, using coupons and flyers and in-store specials, in under 20 minutes, and put it all away in less than 5. They used to have races.

We left the store a small number of times, because 'this is not working right now.' Usually, just something to eat and a glass of water was all that was necessary to make it possible a few minutes later... and only once ever was it a major deal. That day, we left before we'd even made it out of the produce section (always the first stop)... Bad day. We went home, ate weird pantry scrounging (we really needed groceries!) and succeeded the next day.

Quoting lovinangels:

And this is why I don't bring my little ones grocery shopping. It's a zen fury of coupons, deals, and penny pinching, so I don't force them through it.

• bramamber
    August 15, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    Poor kid amd poor mom.
  • Maddies_mom101
    August 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM

he was making up for lost time

• LOswald0314
    August 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    Oh that's always fun :)
  • armywife1229
    August 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Apparently, I mean he's gone food shopping with me for almost his whole life. He's usually fine. I'm not sure how I like that whole 3 year old thing.

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

he was making up for lost time

• TruthSeeker.
    August 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Been there! I completely understand.