delilahquinn
Can you actually believe someone would do that to a child?
August 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM

When I was still with my husband, he was playing with my DD Delilah in the playroom. I was in the office (which was on the same level of the house) and I'd just finished up and I was going to make dinner. I walked into the hallway heading towards the stairs, and I saw in the playroom my husband tripped over Delilah and fell on top of her. I went in to help him get up and I picked up my daughter and held her in my arms. He told me the story of how he fell, and I said to her that daddy was sorry and stuff. I asked my husband to tell her he's sorry, but he just walked out. he went to our bedroom and I guess he hurt his knee. he didn't come down until dinner was over. Delilah just sat quietly in the living room watching TV while I was making dinner. I sat Delilah at the table before dinner started and went to my husband to talk to him. He said he didn't wanna talk about it, so I left him alone. This was one of the reasons why I separated from him. He wouldn't say sorry to Delilah. i felt so bad for her. once Delilah was in bed, I went to talk to him again and I saw he was packing a duffel bag. I asked where he was going and he said to a friends house for a while. I didnt ask why he was leaving though. I was just so upset, and I'm still upset to this day. That happened about a year and a half ago.frown minii just needed to vent about it.

There is more to the story. once he came back, i ttalked to him, and he said that his grandmother passed away, and she and him were really close. when he fell, he felt that if he said sorry, he would be killing delilah.

Replies

• lovinangels
    August 13, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Oh, mama, I'm sorry.

• bramamber
    August 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    Sorry
  • TruthSeeker.
    August 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Wow. I hope he talks to a therapist. It sounds like he needs one.

• Mommy_of_Riley
    August 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM
    There must be more because I don't think tripping and falling on your child calls for divorce...
  • seraphimsong
    August 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    I'm a little confused....
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    August 14, 2011 at 12:56 AM
    me too

Quoting seraphimsong:

I'm a little confused....
  • LOswald0314
    August 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM

That's really sad for your daughter.  I'm a little confused too though.

• Maddies_mom101
    August 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM

sad

• Peanutx3
    August 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    Aorry
  • Peanutx3
    August 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    That should say sorry.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Aorry