Featured Posts
johnny4ever
Baby Born in Mcdonalds!
July 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Baby Born In McDonald's Makes Us Thankful for McCop

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham
on July 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Every pregnant mom has one irrational fear throughout her pregnancy: the fear that her water will break somewhere awkward. And when it comes to awkward, it does not get much worse than a 24-year-old cop at McDonalds delivering your child.

Yet that is exactly what happened to one mom in Newark, New Jersey. Did McDonald's induce her labor (are they good for something??) or did she merely just have some bad luck? Officer James Kniepp delivered the baby boy Wednesday afternoon in the bathroom. He had been driving by when someone flagged him down to help. He met the mom-to-be in the bathroom and coached her into staying calm while he successfully delivered her son.

Now, the baby was 8 weeks early, but is said to be doing fine. Even still, what a delivery!

She has no other choice but to name her son James. Or maybe Ronald (for Ronald McDonald).

Honestly, it is hard to imagine a place I would rather deliver my baby in less than McDonald's. That greasy smell, the dirty bathroom, a very young cop. This poor mom was in most other mom's worst case scenario for delivery.

That cop, of course, is a hero. Even still, that poor woman must have had about 100 people she would have preferred be with her at such an intimate moment. In the end, the baby is healthy and mom is OK, but what a beginning.

At least he will have a story he can tell the rest of his life. My guess is there are a lot more people conceived in McDonald's bathrooms than born in them on a daily basis.

Where is your worst place you can imagine delivering?

Replies

• aneela
    by aneela
    July 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM

oh man

• sweettigeress
    July 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM

wow.

• Courtney610
    July 25, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Wow!  That's crazy!

• the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    July 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM

so why did they flag down the cop instead of calling 911?  I'm sure they did - but it seems odd that it took them so long to get there...

• Charli627
    July 25, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    Wow. Glad everything turned out fine
  • shell81
    by shell81
    July 25, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Does he get free happy meals for life?? LOL

LOL

• usmclife58
    July 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Oh wow!

• TruthSeeker.
    July 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Wow!! I think anywhere without my husband would be the worst place to deliver.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN