TheJerseyGirl
Are you thrifty?
July 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM

in what ways?

Replies

• betsystipo
    July 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Yes!  I feel I am - sometimes to an extreme (ex - the boys 3T bathing suits still fit in waist from last year...so they wore them today, all day...and C has a rash all over his inner thighs bc the netting was too tight!)  Bad mommy!

I sell most of their things at Consignment shops and I'm a big sale shopper!

• betsystipo
    July 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM

PS - we are going Bathingsuit shopping on Thurs!  Poor dudes!

• Charli627
    July 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    Not really....I try though.
  • CoolMommyofboys
    July 19, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    I love shopping at thrift stores

I get water at restaurants so I don't have to pay two dollars for a coke
  • midnight_storm
    July 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    Yes, I print coupons, shop sales, buy bulk pkg of meat, by large pkg of things that are for more than one dinner. Clothes are from sales at outlets. I love dollar bag days at the thrift store, I usually get books and stuff that way. I drive everyone crazy cause I'm always shutting off lights, lol. I do laundry in the evening so the drier doesn't heat up the house, but in the winter I do it during the day and turn down the thermostat.
  • paganbaby
    July 20, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I shop at thrift stores

• Liansmommie
    July 20, 2011 at 2:45 AM

I shop the best prices and can make a dollar stretch far. I don't buy cereal my husband likes because he will eat it all as a snack the first night.

• 2girlsandcat
    July 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I love buying my stuff from second time shops...I love EBAY! LOL

• CoolMommyofboys
    July 20, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Quoting Liansmommie:

I shop the best prices and can make a dollar stretch far. I don't buy cereal my husband likes because he will eat it all as a snack the first night.

LOL  poor DH

I buy the "knock off" brand in that big bag- cheaper and they taste the same

• CoolMommyofboys
    July 20, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I buy many products generic...esp. medicine