Featured Posts
maciymommieof3
Mother sends samples of the inside of fast food restaurant playlands kids are playing in a buffet of Staphylococcus, Meningitis, Gonorrhea, Feces
July 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM

WATCH: McDonald's Playlands Are 'Absolutely Disgusting'

Posted: 7/13/11 06:01 PM ET

Playland Contaminated

share this story

Mother of four and developmental psychologist Erin Carr-Jordan has videotaped more than 50 playlands from fast food restaurants such as Burger King, Chuck E. Cheese's and McDonald's. Her results are not pretty. She sent samples from one location to a lab, which discovered 13 different pathogens that are able to cause disease in children-coliform, four different kinds of staph, likely meningitis and gonorrhea, and more.

Watch Carr-Jordan's tour of the contaminated areas below and learn more about the corporations' responses at the Los Angeles Times.

Replies

• .MhacFoirfe.
    July 16, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    *pukes*

Why am I not surprised?
  • CoolMommyofboys
    July 16, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    I survived them LOL
    I will continue to let my boys play in them
  • maciymommieof3
    July 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM

smells so bad to me....like dirty nasty socks

• maciymommieof3
    July 16, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Oh wait...thats McNuggets I am thinking of ....or is it the McRib? LOL

Quoting maciymommieof3:

smells so bad to me....like dirty nasty socks

• .MhacFoirfe.
    July 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    Both! haha. Yeah, that place always smelled when I was a kid. My Son has never been near one, but We also don't buy McD's.
  • crazycountrymom
    July 16, 2011 at 1:01 AM
    Very disgusting. That is why I don't let my kids when they were younger or grandkids play in them
  • Strega
    by Strega
    July 16, 2011 at 1:30 AM

DZ (Discovery Zone) was shut down for the same reasons. Our Kids have played at McDonald's only once.. About 2 years ago.

• xxLukesMamaxx
    July 16, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    My thoughts exactly...

Quoting .MhacFoirfe.:

*pukes*

Why am I not surprised?
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    July 16, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    Barf!
    My son has never been in one.
  • aneela
    by aneela
    July 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM

we already knew that just LOOK at those places lol..they are rarely if ever cleaned to remove all germs etc..my son still sometimes goes to CFA as it's a smaller playset certainly not pristine by any means but easier to clean than McDs places and CEC ugh ..either go or dont but its virtually impossible to keep places like that 100% germ free

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts