Featured Posts
maciymommieof3
Mother accused of microwaving baby has another one in the oven
July 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Mother Accused of Microwaving Baby is Pregnant Again, Report

Ka Yang, 29

Ka Yang, 29 (Booking Photo)

SACRAMENTO (KTLA) -- A mother charged with murder after allegedly 'cooking' her baby in a microwave is reportedly pregnant again.

At 29-year-old Ka Yang's arraignment on Thursday morning, her longtime friend said Yang is four months pregnant.

Yang apparently did not no she was pregnant when her daughter was found dead in March. She found out after the incident, according to the friend.

Yang did not enter a plea at Thursday's hearing. Her attorney told the judge they were still collecting evidence.

She faces one count of murder and one count of felony assault resulting in the death of a child.

On March 17, police were called to Yang's home to reports of an unresponsive baby. The 6-week-old girl, named Mirabelle, had suffered extensive thermal injuries.

Yang was not taken into custody until June 21, Sacramento Police spokesman Sgt. Norm Leong said.

Leong said it took several months to determine the child's burns did indeed come from a microwave, using medical analysis and findings from three other U.S. cases.

Yang told police she suffered a seizure while holding her daughter, and woke up with the girl on the ground next to her.

However, an autopsy determined the infant died of "extensive second-, third- and fourth-degree thermal injuries."

Child welfare workers removed Yang's three boys, who are all under age 7, from her home, Leong said.

Sacramento police said they do not know what would have led Yang to allegedly put her baby in the microwave.

Friends told FOX40 Yang always wanted a girl and waited years to have one.

Yang is being held without bail.

Her family says they are worried about her health in jail.

Yang is prone to seizures, and has been having more since she's been in jail, her mother told FOX40.

Replies

• dizzy77702
    July 18, 2011 at 5:20 PM

wow, yeah this woman should be sterilized at the same clinic they take Casey Anthony to to get herself fixed too.  I wish judges could impose that as part of the sentencing, the last thing we need is more abused, neglected, or dead children born to mothers who probably shouldn't even be allowed to have them in the first place.

• Barronbaby
    July 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    Omg
  • Kyrthanna
    July 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I don't know, the logisitics of this just don't 'fit'.

It is possible, with the blackouts/seizures, that she may not have known she had done that.  I mean, with three other young kids, and a 6 week old baby, she was likely pretty sleep deprived.  She could have been making dinner, holding the baby in one arm and just switched the pot of dinner and the baby without realizing it.  Her family says she has a history of seizures, so that part of her tale is probably true - and if she's having them in jail, could be easily verified.  It may not have been intentional.  There's really no way for anyone to know... but I agree with whoever said that the other kids, if they were there, would likely know ~something~, though being under the age of 7, how much of what they saw they could put in words is tough to know.

• HTMommy
    by HTMommy
    July 19, 2011 at 3:35 PM

agreed

Quoting dizzy77702:

wow, yeah this woman should be sterilized at the same clinic they take Casey Anthony to to get herself fixed too.  I wish judges could impose that as part of the sentencing, the last thing we need is more abused, neglected, or dead children born to mothers who probably shouldn't even be allowed to have them in the first place.

• sweettigeress
    July 19, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Wow

• LivinDeadGurl
    July 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

What is up with all these stories on here lately?

Depressing aren't they? I don't even open a lot of them anymore.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN